Cagiva Elephant 900 Review

Chat about anything
HiFi
On the Road

Cagiva Elephant 900 Review

Post by HiFi »

There's a YouTube channel called "Harry's Garage" that you might have seen, it's run by Harry Metcalfe who was one of the founders of "Evo" magazine. He has a garage full of classic sports cars and interesting saloon cars and regularly posts videos about running and maintaining them, various trips in them (1000 miles in a Testarossa for example) and rebuilding them. He also runs a farm and does farming machinery videos etc.

Very interesting in its own right but what about the Cagiva? Well, he has a collection of Dakar motorcycles too and has been showing them off in turn over the last few weeks. Today he got to the Cagiva Elephant 900ie (and a couple of other Cagivas) and I've linked the video below. Really interesting, the guy obviously loves it and I think it's a great indictment of the Cagiva brand, well worth a watch:
nickst4
On the Road

Re: Cagiva Elephant 900 Review

Post by nickst4 »

I find it very difficult to understand why Elefants command a premium over the superb 904cc Gran Canyon Cagiva, which to my mind is superior in every way. Much better looks, and better suited to road work, which is where such bikes get most use. I guess it's the macho aura of the Dakar rally that does it. Then again, it makes it cheaper to acquire a GC, a nice example of which is fresh on ebay today. 5K miles only!! Wish I had room for another...

Nick
HiFi
On the Road

Re: Cagiva Elephant 900 Review

Post by HiFi »

Hey Nick, you're right the Gran Canyon is a lovely looking machine - slightly reminiscent of a Super Moto about it maybe? As to the Elephant, I guess people like race winners :D