Patience

Technical stuff specific to the V and Xtra raptors
sidrat
On the Road

Patience

Post by sidrat »

If you are born with a limited amount of Patience, i used mine all up on Sunday.....

I replaced the rear Aprilia Falco Shock with the original shock and the old 30mm ride height triangles i had.

Despite putting spacers in either side of the top link of the shock, when i tightened it up, it pulled the sides of the bit that fixes the shock to the frame together maybe 1/2 mm so trying to get the original back in required a lot of patience, which sometime yesterday afternoon i ran out of.

Just saying......
Roadsters are me!
nickst4
On the Road

Patience

Post by nickst4 »

Sounds like time for something that'll make everything alright again. I reckon a decent malt should do it!

That top shock attachment is a bit of a pig. Be aware that if you fit an aftermarket shock, it will likely have a fatter alloy top eye that won't fit where the slim steel housing of the original Sachs one did. I've done two now, and they both needed metal scuffed off the eye before they'll go in and the bolt will go through.
sidrat
On the Road

Patience

Post by sidrat »

Thanks Nick i poured myself a glass of Lagavulin 16 Year single malt that is always available in our household for times like this and went on to complete the job, fired the old girl up too, just love those lithium batteries!
Roadsters are me!
nickst4
On the Road

Patience

Post by nickst4 »

Lagavulin, eh? Not currently to hand, but Ardbeg and Talisker are so we're reading from the same section of the book! :laser: (Not sure what this one is meant to mean, but I just liked it...)

Cheers,

Nick
andybaggies
On the Road

Patience

Post by andybaggies »

Single malts!! Phah!! Used to be supermarket blends for me - they're no so bad once you get over the shock of first couple of tots... :D

Although I've now come up a league and am supping the Grouse.
shebee
Site Admin
Facebook address thingy: facebook.com/shebee.duff

Patience

Post by shebee »

andybaggies wrote: 2 years ago Single malts!! Phah!! Used to be supermarket blends for me - they're no so bad once you get over the shock of first couple of tots... :D

Although I've now come up a league and am supping the Grouse.
we used to do a Beaujolais nouveau run from work each year it was disgusting until you got to the 3rd bottle… then it was quite drinkable…. we persevered!
Twisted Tequila Sister