Bike Videos

Somewhere for you to post your piccies of you and your bikes
andybaggies
On the Road

Bike Videos

Post by andybaggies »

And what I like to imagine the UK looks like everyday! :nerner:
Credence Clearwater!! Pretty much.... with the only difference being the temperature of the rain. Cold in winter and warm(ish) in summer. Although we do have a lot more traffic & diesel slicks...

Good tyres are a must.
sidrat
On the Road

Bike Videos

Post by sidrat »

andybaggies wrote: 2 years ago
in my youth i did qualify at my first attempt at the Isle of Man TT in 8th place
Big respect Sidrat and it's obviously part of your skill set.

As for me I've always fancied a go at a track day but I know, just know, that by ooo the second corner, my adrenaline and race competitiveness would take me waaayyy beyond any ability I may have...
You would be surprised, i am amazed what appears on track, one of the "road bike only" or Novice only track days are the ones to attempt first. Its just like riding down a road multiple times but with nothing coming the other way :D
Roadsters are me!
nickst4
On the Road

Bike Videos

Post by nickst4 »

sidrat wrote: 2 years ago [ Its just like riding down a road multiple times but with nothing coming the other way :D
But without the scenery! That's a good proportion of why I ride a bike, adapting and adjusting to the changing circumstances, bl**dy traffic included. Speed is just a frisson to be enjoyed now and then. Race tracks are boring! :nod:

Nick
sidrat
On the Road

Bike Videos

Post by sidrat »

nickst4 wrote: 2 years ago
sidrat wrote: 2 years ago [ Its just like riding down a road multiple times but with nothing coming the other way :D
But without the scenery! That's a good proportion of why I ride a bike, adapting and adjusting to the changing circumstances, bl**dy traffic included. Speed is just a frisson to be enjoyed now and then. Race tracks are boring! :nod:

Nick
Nick i agree, (apart from the boring bit) i would never be without my road bike, its why i haven't been racing or track riding for 20 odd years. However the speed thing is no longer suitable for the road, so i just use that for touring and the track to get rid of the speed demon that seems to afflict me :whistle:
Roadsters are me!
Trevor68
Web Dude
Facebook address thingy: trevor.cannard.3

Bike Videos

Post by Trevor68 »

I have done a few at Eastern Creek, great fun, but I still prefer the lure of a windy mountain road for some reason. :revrev:
Attachments
race1.jpg
red3.jpg
“Motorcycling is not, of itself, dangerous. It is however, extremely unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence, or stupidity.”
Trevor68
Web Dude

Bike Videos

Post by Trevor68 »

This one is a bit longer......................

“Motorcycling is not, of itself, dangerous. It is however, extremely unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence, or stupidity.”
sidrat
On the Road

Bike Videos

Post by sidrat »

Trevor68 wrote: 2 years ago This one is a bit longer......................
Is that you at Eastern Creek on the yellow bike or are you taking the video, either way you seem to be getting along ok :mrgreen:

That GSXR is a mess, i hope it wasn't yours!
Roadsters are me!
Trevor68
Web Dude

Bike Videos

Post by Trevor68 »

Yeah, Krut wasn't much for maintenance on the gixxer, yellow was boky's track bike, very smooth rider, taken from us too early on his VFR sadly.
sidrat
On the Road

Bike Videos

Post by sidrat »

Nice turn out, but you hope it never happens
Roadsters are me!
Trevor68
Web Dude

Bike Videos

Post by Trevor68 »

I call it 4 funerals and 4 weddings in our small group, that's over 20 odd years though
Trevor68
Web Dude

Bike Videos

Post by Trevor68 »

sidrat
On the Road

Bike Videos

Post by sidrat »

Nice gentle ride out admiring the scenery I see :thumbsup:
Last edited by sidrat on |February 1st, 2022|, 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Roadsters are me!
Trevor68
Web Dude

Bike Videos

Post by Trevor68 »

True, Roy's partner in crime was missing that day, so they got stuck following the slow guy. :nod:
It works out ok though I guess, or we would never have had camera footage of him.
Trevor68
Web Dude

Bike Videos

Post by Trevor68 »

Planning another trip through the Snowies in the next few weeks, Autumn is gorgeous up there.

sidrat
On the Road

Bike Videos

Post by sidrat »

First lap from the 125cc endurance madness we have entered this year, six hour race three riders. I went out for qualifying on slicks in the wet and we started 61st out of 77 starters. I also got voted to start the race, le mans style as you can see, again still on slicks, still raining, got past 20 people on the first lap, we had a ball!!!!

Roadsters are me!