New Pics of my 650ie - nicknamed "Jessica"

Somewhere for you to post your piccies of you and your bikes
Limasenar
On the Road

Post by Limasenar »

Yes, as you might've guessed it I'm that dude who names his rides (and pretty much anything with sentimental attachment). I named my 650 "Jessica" after the Japanese - 1/3rd Italian model Jessica Michibata, so the mix-race reference for me is perfetta!

I had her amidst the early stage of the pandemic - out of a 20-year itch since my college riding days, budget-considering, and my past experience with an SV. She's acquired some 35k miles before the odo sensor broke and 3 owners before me. The 1st owner decided to take apart her subframe to make room for a pair of R1 undertail cans and a Triumph Speed Triple swingarm (I guess out of boredom but turned out nicely more than just for looks!). I'm trying not to overdo things on the cosmetics department but rather focus on optimizing her performance. So far ignition, fuel sys., clutch works have been adequate. Next up will be makeovers on sprockets, chains, and brakes/discs, and probably rear shock upgrade. Still looking to see if it's possible to revert the exhaust placements per original without hindering rw access.

More updates to come! Cheers! :pilot:
247023070_10159339441980491_3366981167661913697_n.jpg
20210704_161050.jpg
20210723_000008.jpg
"Consistency is the key."

- ZNA
sidrat
On the Road

Post by sidrat »

That is very nice :D
Roadsters are me!
sidrat
On the Road

Post by sidrat »

Oh an i too name all my vehicles, the Raptor is called Terri, the Aprilia Shiver is called Yogi, the Suzuki GSXR600 track bike is called the Super bandit (there is a story), Mrs car is called Tweetie Pie, see below, our camping car is called Jeeves and it tows a trailer tent called Bertie (i am sure you can work that one out).

IMG_20190120_140417926.jpg
Roadsters are me!
sidrat
On the Road

Post by sidrat »

Posting a picture of a bike now to make up for the car i posted above!

IMG_0032.JPG
Roadsters are me!
andybaggies
On the Road

Post by andybaggies »

I named my 650 "Jessica"
Jessica look sv.nice - & that swingarm doesn't look out of place imo. And the human Jessica looks very nice too :nod:

And there's nothing wrong in naming your vehicles either... my Raptor is Reggie, the Audi A2 is Hector and the Ducati is er... a b'strd at the moment :D
Limasenar
On the Road

Post by Limasenar »

sidrat wrote: 2 years ago Oh an i too name all my vehicles, the Raptor is called Terri, the Aprilia Shiver is called Yogi, the Suzuki GSXR600 track bike is called the Super bandit (there is a story), Mrs car is called Tweetie Pie, see below, our camping car is called Jeeves and it tows a trailer tent called Bertie (i am sure you can work that one out).
@sidrat Do tell about the GSX. Am I wrong to guess that it's turned into naked?
andybaggies wrote: 2 years ago
I named my 650 "Jessica"
Jessica look sv.nice - & that swingarm doesn't look out of place imo. And the human Jessica looks very nice too :nod:

And there's nothing wrong in naming your vehicles either... my Raptor is Reggie, the Audi A2 is Hector and the Ducati is er... a b'strd at the moment :D
@andybaggies thank you. The swingarm gets more attention than I do, but I can't complain since it eases me up on chain and tire change. :D

Thank you for the kind words and sharing very unique names of your beloved rides, gents (particularly love "Bertie" and "Hector")! I have a '73 Fiat 124 Sport and a '91 W201 Merc in the shop at the moment...named Zita and Diane, respectively.

- ZNA
nickst4
On the Road

Post by nickst4 »

All this naming is very weird to me. I always thought people who named their transport did so to feel more comfortable because they hadn't got a clue about mechanical things and were rather frightened by them! My cars and bikes, despite my great appreciation of them, only get called by their make or model. Does that make me the odd one out? :? :?

Nick
andybaggies
On the Road

Post by andybaggies »

All this naming is very weird to me.
Always done it because vehicles always have different driving character(istic)s - so the first thing you have to do is decide if they are male or female and then you can start thinking of a name.
sidrat
On the Road

Post by sidrat »

Limasenar wrote: 2 years ago
@sidrat Do tell about the GSX. Am I wrong to guess that it's turned into naked?
Yes it has turned in to a naked bike :D Also the previous track bike was in fact a Bandit, its the same just faster :revrev:
20200626_192325.jpg
Corrected.PNG
Roadsters are me!
sidrat
On the Road

Post by sidrat »

nickst4 wrote: 2 years ago All this naming is very weird to me. I always thought people who named their transport did so to feel more comfortable because they hadn't got a clue about mechanical things and were rather frightened by them! My cars and bikes, despite my great appreciation of them, only get called by their make or model. Does that make me the odd one out? :? :?

Nick
Nick it does make us feel more comfortable as we elevate them to part of the family, doesn't mean we don't know how to fix them, flog them and eventually sell them, which i can understand is weird after giving them a name!
Roadsters are me!
Limasenar
On the Road

Post by Limasenar »

nickst4 wrote: 2 years ago All this naming is very weird to me. I always thought people who named their transport did so to feel more comfortable because they hadn't got a clue about mechanical things and were rather frightened by them! My cars and bikes, despite my great appreciation of them, only get called by their make or model. Does that make me the odd one out? :? :?

Nick
Not at all, Nick! Andy and Sidrat pointed out perfectly!

Just one of the many different ways we show TLC toward our beloved machines. I guess the same fashion how some aircraft owners name their planes while others do not. The first vehicle I crowned a name upon was a '73 Fiat (nicknamed "Zita"). Being more than 40-years old, by having given her a name I guess makes it more tolerable when she suddenly breaks down in the middle of traffic during 33°C afternoons. :D

Cheers from Jakarta.

- ZNA
andybaggies
On the Road

Post by andybaggies »

Limasenar wrote: 1 year ago
by having given her a name
And that's the first thing you need to do - decide what sex the vehicle is. Is it a boy or a girl? and then you can decide on a name. :D