Definitely a Cagiva, but not a Raptor!

Chat about anything
nickst4
On the Road

Post by nickst4 »

Just for fun, I thought I'd introduce most of you to a Cagiva that predates the Suzuki-engined Raptors. The Alazzurra dates back to the time when Ducati was saved from collapse by Cagiva, who began producing their own bigger bikes with Ducati motors. The first was a sport-touring version of the Ducati Pantah, generally in 650cc form, dating from 1985 in the case of mine. Faired versions were later developed and often had blacked-out motors, but I think the alloy-finished ones were the nicest, and they are a delight to ride. Not very fast, but very friendly!

Nick
Attachments
A tasty old bike, I think!
A tasty old bike, I think!
HiFi
On the Road

Post by HiFi »

Very cool bike, how long have you had yours?
nickst4
On the Road

Post by nickst4 »

HiFi wrote: 1 year ago Very cool bike, how long have you had yours?
Twenty-four years! Long ago, I graduated to a Ducati ST4 and tried to sell the Ally, but no-one wanted it apart from a chap who would have made a cheap Pantah cafe racer out of what is a great street bike. It took a while for me to realise that my soul wouldn't be forfeit if I possessed more than one bike (!), and I'm so glad I kept it. As an elegant machine it deserves its place in the garage, but every ride is a pleasure and it remains my lady's favourite bike to ride, which helps! :thumbsup:

Have you got/had one, then?

Nick
andybaggies
On the Road

Post by andybaggies »

Very nice... what rear shocks is it wearing?

Many moons ago a work mate of mine had one of the first 500 Pantah's that I took out for a couple of rides so I can attest to the smoothness and quality of the ride. At the time I was riding a Ducati Darmah so the difference was even more apparent.
andybaggies
On the Road

Post by andybaggies »

andybaggies wrote: 1 year ago what rear shocks is it wearing?
I've just remembered the manufacturer I was trying to think of - they're not Fournales are they?
nickst4
On the Road

Post by nickst4 »

andybaggies wrote: 1 year ago
andybaggies wrote: 1 year ago what rear shocks is it wearing?
I've just remembered the manufacturer I was trying to think of - they're not Fournales are they?
No, just basic Hagons with full shrouds. I specified a bit of extra length to jack the back up a bit and some light springs, and they do pretty well. As it happens, they are the only Hagons I've been pleased with since it seems there is much less stiction on them compared with others I've bought subsequently.

Nick