Raptor 650 aftermarlet exhaust

Technical stuff specific to the Raptor 650
scubadog
On the Road

Post by scubadog »

Hi everyone...

I'm a recent Raptor Chapter member and I'm in the process of modifying a 2006 650ie as my wife's second bike. Although I'm new to the Raptor 650ie, I've been building custom bikes for more than 25 years so I know my way around the spanners.

I want to change the Raptor's exhaust but there's nothing much available from the UK aftermarket. Anyone have experience of changing the 650ie's exhaust for an aftermarket system? Does it make sense looking into an SV650 alternative? The SV650 only had a single end-can so I guess I'd need to change the whole system including the headers?

Any advice appreciated!
Scubadog
Aussiejoe
On the Road

Post by Aussiejoe »

Depends on where you live and if you need a mot or pink slip on it every year. If you come from a highly advanced state like I do, you'll just need the originals when you sell it so the new owners can get it registered, and in the mean time you can run whatever pipes you like as long as you don't offend the constabulary. Have a look here https://dominator.pl/
scubadog
On the Road

Post by scubadog »

Hi Aussiejoe

In the good ol' UK my friend so fairly relaxed regulations on aftermarket pipes here. Decided to make my own system rather than buy something from Italy... I've bought a pair of UK-manufactured 400mm Black Widow cans and will make up some stainless link pipes to connect them to the existing Raptor headers. Any, what purpose is there in life if not to offend the local boys in blue...?
Aussiejoe
On the Road

Post by Aussiejoe »

scubadog wrote: 8 months ago what purpose is there in life if not to offend the local boys in blue...?
When a $100k+ a year job depends on a drivers license, I can give you about a 100,000 reasons why I don't need to offend the coppers. But...................it's extremely satisfying running across the top of Skyline at the Bathurst(Mount Panorama) race track/public road at full song and seeing all the tourists turn around to see what's putting out that noise.
IMG20220821140431.jpg
purgeraptor
On the Road

Post by purgeraptor »

I put GPR cans and link pipes on mine. Sounds perfect with the baffles out. Mines a carb model, so I did put bigger mains in to get the fueling right.