Latest project

Chat about anything
andybaggies
On the Road

Latest project

Post by andybaggies »

monkeyrocco wrote: 2 weeks ago Yes 22mm now that was only the start when the table smashed the bike headed straight for the patio doors. This was 2008 in 2007 we did a 7 week tour of Europe on it with no issues. In 2008 we set of for Africa on it we got as far as Saltash the funny bit was I had engraved inside the sump ( Phill and Gaynors Africa tour 2008 )
:woot: :lol:

Fantatstic!! puts my working on the Darmah heads on the dining room table to shame...
monkeyrocco
On the Road

Latest project

Post by monkeyrocco »

Darma heads every house should serve a bikers needs. The dining room was getting tired so a complete redesign was needed.Now before I diverse too much this thread is about the build so here's the mock up so far with the new forks which incidentally vat and import duty applies if a item is over £135.
Attachments
IMG_20240416_164313_291.jpg
IMG_20240416_171834_117.jpg
andybaggies
On the Road

Latest project

Post by andybaggies »

So what forks did you go for? they don't look to be original fitment.

And a bonus Guzzi photo :D & if I'm not mistaken a V35 Imola. I have fond memories of my time with a V50.
monkeyrocco
On the Road

Latest project

Post by monkeyrocco »

The forks are supposed to be Monster S4 but I doubt it. They are longer but with the rear jacked up should suit me as I am 6 foot. Yes my imola was in the pick best handling bike I have ever owned only problem I couldn't move properly for days after riding it. Back to the forks I have managed to get a 2023 RSV 4 front mudguard which will fit with some tweaking. I got a wheel spindles machined up today. Now I know the handling may be a bit weird but the bike is now exactly the same height as my CCM supermoto so there's a little hope.
Attachments
IMG_20240417_165400_669.jpg
monkeyrocco
On the Road

Latest project

Post by monkeyrocco »

monkeyrocco wrote: 1 week ago Monster S4 but I doubt it. They are longer but with the rear jacked up should suit me as I am 6 foot. . 2023 RSV 4 front mudguard . . Now I know the handling may be a bit weird but the bike is now exactly the same height as my CCM supermoto so there's a little hope. Yes imola best handler ever
Attachments
IMG_20240417_165410_670.jpg
monkeyrocco
On the Road

Latest project

Post by monkeyrocco »

Another pic. Had to get a wheel spindle machined up
Attachments
IMG_20240417_165421_359.jpg
nickst4
On the Road

Latest project

Post by nickst4 »

Oh boy, an off-road Raptor!
monkeyrocco
On the Road

Latest project

Post by monkeyrocco »

With a nice shiny yellow shock :D
monkeyrocco
On the Road

Latest project

Post by monkeyrocco »

Managed to get the forks to the right height just need to make some bar risers now before I shelve it until winter got riding to do.
monkeyrocco
On the Road

Latest project

Post by monkeyrocco »

Forgot the pic
Attachments
IMG_20240424_142843_492.jpg