rear shock

Technical stuff specific to the Raptor 1000
stof
On the Road

rear shock

Post by stof »

Hi everyone ,my Rap has just exploded its rear shock -don't they make an impressive mess of the back of your bike-has anyone got a spare ,or got a recommendation for a replacement,cheapest options preferred-this was not a good time to do this !
shebee
Site Admin
Facebook address thingy: facebook.com/shebee.duff

Post by shebee »

:shock: eeek... any prior warning?
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

Spare in stock Stof - but if you do change it for a fancy one don't ditch it please, we need all the stock we can get :shock:
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
stof
On the Road

Post by stof »

not really,it just got a bit bouncy and when I stopped I was surrounded in an ominous cloud of white smoke where it was leaking all over my pipes,in hindsight I should have looked more closely at the oily patch on my garage floor.I've now got oil/fluid all over my swinging arm,pipes,number plate ,seat, hugger,and a belly pan full of it,I didn't know there was that much oil in a shock. :(
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

stof wrote:55 years ago..................I've now got oil/fluid all over my swinging arm,pipes,number plate ,seat, hugger,and a belly pan full of it,I didn't know there was that much oil in a shock. :(
I wouldn't notice the difference, mine's always like that :oops: - not the shock though - it's the scottoiler usually - honest guv :roll:
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
stof
On the Road

shock

Post by stof »

Hi, I have now done a couple of hundred miles on the new Hagon shock (good value,£255 with adjustable rebound damping ,2 year guarantee and £92 for a rbuild/overhaul) and it seems to be excellent,I suspect the old one was getting knackered,definite handling improvement,though as the old one handled fine for me (when it worked)I couldn't guarantee it is any better than a good standard one.
Dally
On the Road

Raptor Shock

Post by Dally »

Hi Stof, My shock just locked solid, well about 1/2 inch of movement. I too bought the Hagon and found a vast improvement. Sorry to not reply earlier have just found this place. :lol:
Cheers
Dally
Dally
On the Road

Raptor Shock

Post by Dally »

Hi Stof, My shock just locked solid, well about 1/2 inch of movement. I too bought the Hagon and found a vast improvement. Sorry to not reply earlier have just found this place. :lol:
Cheers
Dally