Datatool alarm & Immobiliser packed up. How to disconne

General spannery stuff
the oaf
On the Road

Datatool alarm & Immobiliser packed up. How to disconne

Post by the oaf »

I've got an old style Datatool alarm/immobiliser on my Raptor (Series 2 I think... the one with the big keyfob) which packed up at the weekend. Basically I was pressing the button and nothing, it wouldn't disarm. I could hear something clicking inside the mechanism on the bike whenever I pressed the button on the keyfob, so it sounds like the signal was getting through, but it's not actually doing anything anymore.

I left it for a couple of hours as I had to go out, and when I got back, the little light on the keyfob was flashing. I thought this might mean the battery was dead so changed it for a fresh one, but the flashing on the keyfob didn't stop and it still wouldn't disarm the bike.

The problem is that I don't have a working spare as the bloody thing kept deprogramming itself and I got sick of getting it fixed so gave up on it. I'm pissed off with the thing and just want to disable the whole system. Now, on my old SV, I had a datatool, and when I had a problem with it at one point, I simply removed the fuse from the Datatool system to disable it; however, having done the same on the Raptor the alarm HAS been disabled, but the immobiliser is still on.

Can anyone help me disable this thing altogether? I don't know what's gone wrong with it, and quite frankly I don't care... I just want to disable the whole thing so I can use my bike again.

Cheers.
Miz
On the Road

Alarm.

Post by Miz »

Well, I would suggest that you trace all of the wires from the alarm, stripping off the black tape that the installer used to hide his work, then, comparing everything to a wiring diagram, you should be able to remove the alarm and match up the original wiring (colour to colour). I know this will be time consuming, but then it would'nt be effective as a deterent if it was easy....

Miz.
152/999
ozzy
On the Road

Post by ozzy »

datatool are very friendly,i broke my spare and they sent me one free.it was easy to get alarm to regonise new one, theres a way you set up alarm,something to do with conecting a certain wire to another with a peice of wire then just pressing new senser.the alarm memorises two key throbs.they will talk you through it.i squshed mine a it stopped working.also if you done any welding atall later that can mess up alarm if u never removed in line fuse.good luck