raptor pic

Chat about anything
steve996
On the Road

Post by steve996 »

yes,it is the one and the same phil read.he is now riding for the alto performance laverda team in tb on a very trick laverda formula 750.alto also own a very,very trick raptor which is making 164 rear wheel bhp and looks the absolute b*ll*cks.its possible that this may be the last year for alto racing the laverda and that they may enter the raptor in the forza extreme next year-bloody hope so,see ya
TLMONKEY
On the Road

Post by TLMONKEY »

steve996 wrote:yes,it is the one and the same phil read.he is now riding for the alto performance laverda team in tb on a very trick laverda formula 750.alto also own a very,very trick raptor which is making 164 rear wheel bhp and looks the absolute b*ll*cks.its possible that this may be the last year for alto racing the laverda and that they may enter the raptor in the forza extreme next year-bloody hope so,see ya
164RWHP.
Are you REALLY sure about that steve
Adam
On the Road

Post by Adam »

steve996 wrote:yes,it is the one and the same phil read.he is now riding for the alto performance laverda team in tb on a very trick laverda formula 750.alto also own a very,very trick raptor which is making 164 rear wheel bhp and looks the absolute b*ll*cks.its possible that this may be the last year for alto racing the laverda and that they may enter the raptor in the forza extreme next year-bloody hope so,see ya
I've had my arse on their Raptor, it's very, very light and the motor is very modified. I'd like to see a rwbhp dyno read out though if that's what they're claiming. Their original plan was to use a Buell in the TB class but this never materialised.
Always be the person your dog thinks you are.
steve996
On the Road

Post by steve996 »

yup,thats from the horses mouth(ben shaunessy)who owns alto told me 164 bhp at the rear wheel.also told me that it wheelies everywhere as it has masses of grunt.it has been massivly modded though and if anybody knows how to make bikes go fast its them.im sure they did have two raptors at one time as i also know one of the guys(russ joyner) who used to race one of them,as he is building my mate phils laverda race bikes bottom end at the moment(phil smith not read!) and he also said it was an amazing race bike.check out altos website for some pics of their raptor.ben also told me that they may do a limited run of their rap racers bodywork-so ill keep ya posted.www.altoperformance.com
TLMONKEY
On the Road

Post by TLMONKEY »

steve996 wrote:yup,thats from the horses mouth(ben shaunessy)who owns alto told me 164 bhp at the rear wheel.also told me that it wheelies everywhere as it has masses of grunt.it has been massivly modded though and if anybody knows how to make bikes go fast its them.im sure they did have two raptors at one time as i also know one of the guys(russ joyner) who used to race one of them,as he is building my mate phils laverda race bikes bottom end at the moment(phil smith not read!) and he also said it was an amazing race bike.check out altos website for some pics of their raptor.ben also told me that they may do a limited run of their rap racers bodywork-so ill keep ya posted.www.altoperformance.com
I know 2 tl tuners v.well steve,one i bought a motec ecu off and other i bought my other yoshi tlr kit engine with 1070cc bigbore(which in my rap engine)
Now that was running on motec ecu,tlr twin inj. setup using 59mm bimota t/b's big valves,gasflowed,ported,billet high lift cams,kit ignition,kit gearbox,kit crank,ti rods++
Compression v.very high and that was just about getting 160-165rwhp on dyno , it was also running full ti 56mm yoshi ama kit exh. system and 1000 rpm higher rev limit,=10750
Now im hoping that now ive got my motec ecu+modified loom to run motec + duc 54mm 999 shower t/b's, sv1000 ti-force ti system, im hoping for around 155rwhp as im running smaller t/b's than he was and thats with 70cc more than alto.
simon67
On the Road

Post by simon67 »

I'm steve996's mate, simon ( running an fz750 in thunderbikes)

just thought I'd post a link to the thunderbikes website ( www.thunderbikeuk.com )
It may encourage one of you guys to brush the cobwebs from your smaller cc raptors and come an help with the varied mix of stuff competing.
It would be great to see a raptor or two out on track!

www.projectfz750racer.blogspot.com