How long owned ?

Chat about anything
taz_116
On the Road

Post by taz_116 »

I have had mine just 2 short months. Bought it on the 28/02/07. Was raining all day, still had a good time on it! :P

Hopeing this year to get the tail tidy fitted (german one), put on some decent zorts, have the wheels powder coated silver, fit TRE, Power Comander, Race air filter and get the seat redo with 20mm extra foam.

Lets hope all this pans out, but i guess it will be this time next year and i will still have the same list. :lol:
Burn Rubber, Not Your Soul

2001 V-Raptor 1000, K&N Air Filter & TRE
AZ
On the Road

Post by AZ »

Had mine about 2 months as well ,and what a two months it`s been.Just about got the hang of going through the box on the back wheel and now i`m starting to steer it on the back wheel,but only a little.These bikes are just so easy to hoist up 8) .
NOTE; bikes do not have air brakes,lofting the front wheel will have an effect on a bikes braking efficiency.
dont arf get the adrenalin pumpin tho!!!
stof
On the Road

Post by stof »

5 years past february and 32000 miles and still love it !
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

harleyriv wrote:Nearly 7 years....will probably never sell it.
:D great stuff - welcome in harleyriv
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
Reaper996
On the Road

Post by Reaper996 »

i got my 650 for 1 year now. :D
mishmosh69
On the Road

Post by mishmosh69 »

I had mine 7 months and still learning.
I love my red beast
twistedpr
On the Road

Post by twistedpr »

Had 650ie for 7 months exactly before someone destroyed it (then drove off) a fortnight ago. :cry:
Four wheels move the body.
Two wheels move the soul.
------ X-Rap 188/999 ------
zorro
On the Road

Post by zorro »

Nearly two years,have had Ducati's,Guzzi's and BMW but will never sell my Rap,timeless design,could be launched on the market today and still look as modern and exciting as it did seven years ago,I sit and admire it,I go to bed and think about it,I'm sure I have cronic Raptoradictisitis. :lol:

Regards ,zorro 8)
TimO
On the Road

Post by TimO »

Had mine about 21 months, added some bits, pointy indicators and pointy mirrors, some loud zorsts(Mmmm, they sound nice!!) and the belly pan. And taken some bits away, well the bit of plastic from the airbox
I'm lovin it!!
Had a test ride the other day on a Buell XBR12, just to confirm what an ace bike the Raptor is. The Rap is well sorted and looks good, the Buell well it looks good, uses some trick technology, but there the story ended for me.
Don't think I'll change it, I'd buy another!!
TimO
Adam
On the Road

Post by Adam »

TimO wrote:Had mine about 21 months, added some bits, pointy indicators and pointy mirrors, some loud zorsts(Mmmm, they sound nice!!) and the belly pan. And taken some bits away, well the bit of plastic from the airbox
I'm lovin it!!
Had a test ride the other day on a Buell XBR12, just to confirm what an ace bike the Raptor is. The Rap is well sorted and looks good, the Buell well it looks good, uses some trick technology, but there the story ended for me.
Don't think I'll change it, I'd buy another!!
TimO
I've got 3 Buells, one of them is a XB. You should have tried a real Buell, not one of the 'nearly bikes'.

Oh, and I've had my Xtra 31/2 years. It's fine now I've got a rear shock that works :wink: :lol:
Always be the person your dog thinks you are.