Speedo won't work

Technical stuff specific to the Raptor 650
Leeboy
On the Road

Speedo won't work

Post by Leeboy »

Bikes only three months old and two days after it's first service and ive got a fault with the speedo not showing anything. Looks like the sensor has come away from it's cable. shop has said they have had a few of them go in the few month's like this. They say it looks like its snapping when the chain is adjusted becouse the lead is conected rigidly to the swing arm and theres no play in it. Has anyone had the same fault?. Hope it's not the start of things to come.
Live long and prosper
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

I hope the shop fixed it for you Leeboy
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
Leeboy
On the Road

Post by Leeboy »

Just waiting for the part...............
Live long and prosper
twistedpr
On the Road

Post by twistedpr »

I have an '06 650ie and mine does something similar, but only when it gets wet. Have a sneaky feeling it might be my fault, as I mis-aligned a rear paddock-stand once when oiling the chain and think I've cracked the sensor cover :oops:

Did you get yours repaired ok in the end?
Four wheels move the body.
Two wheels move the soul.
------ X-Rap 188/999 ------
Leeboy
On the Road

Post by Leeboy »

twistedpr wrote:55 years agoI have an '06 650ie and mine does something similar, but only when it gets wet. Have a sneaky feeling it might be my fault, as I mis-aligned a rear paddock-stand once when oiling the chain and think I've cracked the sensor cover :oops:

Did you get yours repaired ok in the end?
Yes they got the part after a couple of weeks. All done and everythings fine..
Just loving the bike to bit's, can't get enough of it...but it's making me want the 1000 now :D :D
Live long and prosper
Nikola

Post by Nikola »

I had similar problem - cable damaged near the sensor. Speedo worked intermittently but sometimes was showing 0 for days. I decided to replace sensor at the end - cost for the sensor and cable was £111 :x
It looks Cagiva can charge anything for parts - and they do !
Still, speedo works perfectly now.
twistedpr
On the Road

Post by twistedpr »

Just loving the bike to bit's, can't get enough of it...but it's making me want the 1000 now
Yeah, me too. Even when kicking the tail out (a bit) round a wet bend I'm thinking "Power, need more power!" :twisted:

I decided to replace sensor at the end - cost for the sensor and cable was £111
WTF?! that's a lot of lolly. Better get mine sorted before the warranty runs out!

At the moment I am using a SatNav to give me the speed. It's speed camera notifaction is handy, but it takes a while to show the correct speed when you hit the anchors!
Four wheels move the body.
Two wheels move the soul.
------ X-Rap 188/999 ------
pod
On the Road

Check the wiring socket under the tank

Post by pod »

I had a faulty speedo ,intermittent, sometimes for weeks, the 3 pin plug under the front of the seat just behind the tank, clipped to the plated tank bracket was the culprit.
One pin was oxidised.
Squirted in some contact grease, now it works OK.
Cheers
Pod
Stay calm.