How fast has your Raptor been?

Chat about anything
xraptorman

Post by xraptorman »

250 KPH - that's when the rev limiter cuts in. Front straight at Philip Island. Full song on the rev limiter down the front straight is an interesting experience.
Terry

2003 Xtra Raptor 223/999
StainTunes Pipes, K&N Air Filter, Techlusion Fuel Injection, Scott Oiler, and a bit of extra carbon
Zane
On the Road

300 kay

Post by Zane »

Ive had the bike at 300kay. It was fantastic, and then I popped a mono too. On the rear wheel I was, fast approaching a corner. Thats when I felt my wife kick me saying "Wake Up" "Wake Up".

Ok.... it was a good dream though.....! :shock:
Loves a squirt in the mountains with the Raptor....yeeeehaaaa
Reaper996
On the Road

Re: 300 kay

Post by Reaper996 »

Zane wrote:Ive had the bike at 300kay. It was fantastic, and then I popped a mono too. On the rear wheel I was, fast approaching a corner. Thats when I felt my wife kick me saying "Wake Up" "Wake Up".

Ok.... it was a good dream though.....! :shock:
:D :D :D :D Good one :wink:
att
On the Road

Post by att »

Don`t know how fast my raptor has been, I had my eyes shut.
Aussie Shagger
On the Road

Post by Aussie Shagger »

I've been 225 of a max 250. Bloody scary but bugger me it was fun!...Mind you I think I prefer a good day on the twisties than full on speed..
Don't ya just dig a round-a-bout!.....2003 Xtra Raptor (222/999), Gold Renthal Bars, Giannelli Pipes, Throttle Rocker, Ventura Rack, Blue LED Instrument Panel, Headlight Protector, LED Tail Light.
JimBo
On the Road

Post by JimBo »

Aussie Shagger wrote:Mind you I think I prefer a good day on the twisties than full on speed..
My sentiments exactly, the Raptor is made for twisties.
It makes for great fun when the sports bikes only catch up at the cafe 8) .
So many motorcycles, so little money!
stevepratt48
On the Road

Post by stevepratt48 »

Some brave sods out there! There is only 1 stretch of road that I feel comfortable with, no bridges, no turnings, good view. Going to work at 6.30 I get 139 Max (Proper units, not Km), spend more time looking in the mirrors, for Blue! Seems it's not just my mirrors that fold, the ingenuity of these guys, to have an automatic aerodynamic feature.......
Steve Pratt

Are you coming, or just naturally happy?
AZ
On the Road

Post by AZ »

att wrote:Don`t know how fast my raptor has been, I had my eyes shut.
Well ,bruv, i can tell yer now that it`s mine .It does a shade over 150 mph with the baffles out,AND IT`S VERY WINDY :shock: ,
times like this i miss the CBR`s fairing.
NOTE; bikes do not have air brakes,lofting the front wheel will have an effect on a bikes braking efficiency.
dont arf get the adrenalin pumpin tho!!!
Monk
On the Road

Post by Monk »

before i broke me leg i had it upto around 200-210kmh but the (very) limiting factor was me, im quite a windbrake lol and could barely hold on at that speed so it wasnt very long - kind of missed fairings at that speed, but its not like ill go like that very often, corners are more fun and license frindly :P

laters

Monk
AZ
On the Road

Post by AZ »

Don`t think i`ll be doing that sort of speed very often,in fact the reason for getting the Raptor and getting rid of the CBR is to try and slow me down.
AND IT SEEMS TO BE WORKING 8) .

As for the handling, i think i need to sort something out on the front end and possibly the back too as she`s a wee bit skittish and doesn`t even come close to handling as well as my old 60 thousand mile CBR.

Gonna need new chain and sprockets soon and i can feel some super sticky Pirelli`s coming for the summer too,this list is getting longer and more expensive with every new day so i`d better get some more paintjobs done so`s i can buy all the lovely stuff.

Took a ride through the tunnels at Manchester airport with a few mates on monday evening ,and oh what a noise it makes on open pipes :shock: :P
NOTE; bikes do not have air brakes,lofting the front wheel will have an effect on a bikes braking efficiency.
dont arf get the adrenalin pumpin tho!!!
mishmosh69
On the Road

My top speed

Post by mishmosh69 »

I done 140mph on my raptor, then ran outta road, obviously not quick enough through the gears, this was done on a nice new bypass.
The same day, same conditions, same road, a friend of mine did 157mph on her, chin on tank and all that, he ran outta road to.
he did have trouble trying to stand up for 10 mins after, his six pack had seized :roll:
I love my red beast
philattersall
On the Road

Post by philattersall »

On the way to the BSB in oulton park the other week. I 'heard' my bike would go 120mph......
And it's a 1000.....the fueling must be way out. Or tomorrow at the Dyno place are going to find some problems!
snapdragon

Re: My top speed

Post by snapdragon »

mishmosh69 wrote:I done 140mph on my raptor, then ran outta road, obviously not quick enough through the gears, this was done on a nice new bypass.
The same day, same conditions, same road, a friend of mine did 157mph on her, chin on tank and all that, he ran outta road to.
he did have trouble trying to stand up for 10 mins after, his six pack had seized :roll:
mishmosh - if this was you - or your mate, then the polisman says even more :shock: :lol: :lol:
from another forum, a member wrote:local news news last night a biker was clocked by the police (hand held speed gun) doing 170mph on the A47 in West Norfolk.The police officer said"he was going so fast I never had time to see the number plate, he was wearing a blue jacket tho"
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
mishmosh69
On the Road

Post by mishmosh69 »

it was 173 actually and done on his thunderace :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll:
I love my red beast
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

So is it true he went out and bought a different colour jacket - and put some camouflage on the bike? :lol:
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>