Mirrors For the Raptor

Chat about anything
Zane
On the Road

Mirrors For the Raptor

Post by Zane »

Hi Guys, Does anyone know where I can get some decent mirrors for my raptor. I have made an alteration to the ones that come with the x raptor to actually see behind. OK the jobs a little dodgy, so this is why I'd like some new ones. The sort that don't break the bank, look hot and that you can see behind.

I like the mirrors off the TNT Benelli but they are $120.00 AUS each... A rip off.
Loves a squirt in the mountains with the Raptor....yeeeehaaaa
Cavia
On the Road

Post by Cavia »

maybe some bar end mirrors?
looks nice and best viewing I ever had,no joke!
No bike is ever finished!
zorro
On the Road

Post by zorro »

Zane

Check out Aus Streetfighter web site,they have some pretty cool Oberon bar end mirrors,wish I'd known before spending $320 on a pair of Road Racing mirrors.

Regards,zorro 8)
Brihass
On the Road

Post by Brihass »

Just put these on mine...

Sparco Mirrors....should be for fairing fitment.. but thought they would look trick as bar ends.....
Last edited by Brihass 17 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
140/999 Xtra Raptor.....Carbon Quill Cans, Carbon Hugger, Carbon Rear Guard, Carbon Bar End Mirrors, Renthal Bars, Belly Pan, Power Commander, K&N, TRE, Iridium Plugs, Silicon Leads, 2CT's.
Zane
On the Road

Post by Zane »

Hi Guys,

Have considered bar end mirrors, however have been told that at speed they tend to fold back. Hummm.... I like the ones you have Brihass. I too have an Xtra Raptor, and the carbpn thing would look great. Where did you get them from? Do you have a model number and web site that I can visit?

:roll:
booah
On the Road

Post by booah »

Zane
I bought the bar end mirrors from Austreetfighters and looked great but were a pain to adjust and see out of. then lost one going down the strip at Kwinana.

Would definitely recommend Austreetfighter for buying parts from though. I got a hugger, bellypan, screen, oberon pegs etc and Stu provides a quality service. The first hugger came and was deformed from shipping . He replaced free of charge, including shipping to WA.
wreckah
On the Road

Post by wreckah »

bar end mirrors are great, but indeed as you said: they do fold back when you go over 200kph ;)
Brihass
On the Road

Post by Brihass »

Zane,

I picked up my mirrors from Ebay, the Sparco Part No's are: 00001M001, 00001M002, and they came with additional fitting kits for Ducati...I cannot find them on the Sparco Bike website, but may be worth contacting them if interested.

They work well, good vision, better than standard, but do take time to set up. Thay seem stable so far, no turning in, but only had one ride out with them so far - 120 miles + 135mph (private road) (192km / 216kph).
140/999 Xtra Raptor.....Carbon Quill Cans, Carbon Hugger, Carbon Rear Guard, Carbon Bar End Mirrors, Renthal Bars, Belly Pan, Power Commander, K&N, TRE, Iridium Plugs, Silicon Leads, 2CT's.
Zane
On the Road

Post by Zane »

booah have you got any images of your bike that you can email me. I have been looking at some other parts offered by Stu and wouldnt mind actually seeing them on the bike.

Do you remeber how much it cost you for the bellypan?

I have made some adjustments to the original mirrors that come with the X raptor. The thin styled mirrors. Will post them up soon. Wouldn't mind your feedback guys.