How long owned ?

Chat about anything
pod
On the Road

My 650

Post by pod »

4 years past August.
Coming off the road this winter for Ti engine bolts , repaint foot rest hangers , carb strip and ignition advance mod.
Im keeping this one.
When im rich its getting dymag 3 spoke carbon rim wheels, that may be a long time from now though!
Cheers
pod
Stay calm.
Amanda M
On the Road

Post by Amanda M »

I bought mine in january 2005 :D I love my raptor. It's the best bike I've ever had :lol:
RAPTOR BOY
On the Road

Post by RAPTOR BOY »

had mine since dec 2002 still love it . all carbon fiber , tre fitted kn filter with tl air box mod plus top of air box removed snorkals removed replaced with air hoses to frount of bike pc2 fitted leo vanci cans pair valve removed. bike runs very smooth all through the rev range stearing damper fitted to left hand side of bike had it dynod 108 rwhp. that was before lid was cut out of air box and pair valve removed cant understand why rapter man gets 120bhp dnt beleve it at rw i think its at the crank if you tack away 15 pecent you get 105rwhp all the rest of raptors are around that fig black no 1 = 108 athers are 101 105 etc araptor standerd = 98rwhp or 112 at crank. :!: :?:
RaptorMan
On the Road
Facebook address thingy: John Hocking Raptorman

Post by RaptorMan »

For your information my dyno run was done at TTS by Silverstone and they told me that as it was done on a car dyno(twin rollers) the reading would be 12-15% low.
I just looked at the sheet again yesterday and it reads 105,add 12-15% and tell me what you get :?:
I don`t know why mine kicks out so much either,maybe its not a Monday morning bike :)
Prior to having the snouts removed,filter and TFI fitted it was dyno`ed at 105 on a proper bike dyno.
Below is the first dyno print out when the bike only had the G Force race cans on.
Click thumbnail for larger image.

Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting
Be Loud Be Proud Be Heard
2002 V RAP 1000,Raucous,Rebellious and Hooliganistic
1997 BLACKBIRD,Quiet,Refined and Comfortable
RAPTOR BOY
On the Road

Post by RAPTOR BOY »

:? hi raptor man i dont mean to ofend you . i have looked into this qand the reaon i come to these fig is 2000 raptors 116 bhp 2001 106 bhp 2002 2003 112bhp 2004 105 bhp these are at crank -12to15 percent = rwhp now take my bike 2002 model 112 bhp -15 =97 rwhp add roufghly 12to13 hp for mods wihitch is the norm you expect. = 108rwhp tls = 125bhp sv =120 at crank . i think it is down to ecu box cagiva modified it for botom and mid range power. there again you might be wright who knows have also fitted 17 t gear box sprocet. my dyno run is simeler to yours yours is steper.
RaptorMan
On the Road
Facebook address thingy: John Hocking Raptorman

Post by RaptorMan »

I also notice that nobody else seems to be running TFI or G Force cans though.
MaxMoto did tests on all different cans and the G Force came out best with an average increase of about 15HP at the wheel,I also know people who fitted Power Commanders to their bikes and then changed them for the TFI as it seems to perform better.
Don`t know about the PC 2 though.
Be Loud Be Proud Be Heard
2002 V RAP 1000,Raucous,Rebellious and Hooliganistic
1997 BLACKBIRD,Quiet,Refined and Comfortable
RAPTOR BOY
On the Road

Post by RAPTOR BOY »

when i first got raptor i had set of g force but did not get it propely maped with pc 2 i sold them i think thay give more tot end. i then buoght a set of WRP Cans i think thay are also more top end i plan to get a map done for them . i now run leo vanci superbike cans and run the tls map stage 1 stock or after market exhaust plus kn filter. i set this up myself took it to dyno shop to get checked with my set up and guy said it was fine 108rwhp i plan to go back to get it checked agin becase i have removed pair valve and cut lid of air box did this center cheque wrp cans and leo vanci ?. :?:
carnivore
On the Road

How long you had yours?

Post by carnivore »

Well i just bought mine last friday, it won't arrive for10 days yet and the wait is killing me, whats worse is i have too wait till next month to insure it. this is my first raptor and having ridden a SV650 in the past for two years the antisipation is killing me. should i wait for the good weather and watch it desolve or keep it in the front room with my YPVS/RGV? :roll:
where's the bar?
RAPTOR BOY
On the Road

Post by RAPTOR BOY »

get out and enjoy it. when i bought mine it was pissing down i still had a smile on my face no other bike i had owned gave me this feeling and i have owned many :D 8) :)
carnivore
On the Road

Post by carnivore »

Well i may indulge in some covert late night riding but i don't think winter nights would be a suitable environment to fool around especially round here, it a bit exposed. the rozzers are especially sneaky and having race exausts on a bike driving round at 3am is just asking for it! :wink:
where's the bar?
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

'Tis worth the wait carnivore - I once had to wait three months while parts were got after a crash - yes I was going mental and ripping the heads off passing bikers in envy
- but I got through it -
honest :twisted: :x :twisted: :evil: :shock:
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
martin rowe
On the Road

Post by martin rowe »

bought mine the week befor xmas, took bike test week after xmas, (never got round to it befor) managed to get out on it once so far, just a quick ride round ashbourne, buxton, leek. it was raining / snowing & blowing a gale but enjoyed it, cant wait for a dry sunday. (still never riden on a dry road)
can recomend the rap as first bike.
martin
davidm
On the Road

Post by davidm »

Four years this March..........Jeez don't time fly :roll:

David
stevepratt48
On the Road

Post by stevepratt48 »

Got the first (EBay write off) about 3 months ago, bought a second as donor, but put it to good use instead! Still looking for bits for #1. Never get off, without a silly grin. Favourite hobby, following Golf GTi (Or similar), as he 'makes progress', past traffic, then , when he pulls in, seriously deflating his ego!
Steve Pratt

Are you coming, or just naturally happy?
harleyriv
On the Road

Post by harleyriv »

Nearly 7 years....will probably never sell it.
It ain't no fossil.......