totally different exhausts

Chat about anything
Bear of Little Brain
On the Road

Re: totally different exhausts

Post by Bear of Little Brain »

Neat job and mean-looking machine. The exhaust note is so important on a V. Plenty of bark on acceleration and a throaty burble/sucking sound on deceleration is what I like , so well worth any attempt to get your perfect sound (my previous beast was a MkIV Le Mans, which sounded wonderful reverberating through French villages in the early hours of a summer's morning :twisted: ). And the weight loss must be worth a good few points.
It's difficult to tell from photos but I think I would maybe have pivoted them down a few degrees, making it look a bit more streamlined - although I suppose that makes the exhaust pipe mod a tad tricky. And maybe some kind of cone to hide the squared-off rears of the silencers?
Not criticising, though; just my musings. And good on you for putting it up for comment.
Oh, and if you like it, that's all the justification you need.
noddysbestfriend
On the Road

Post by noddysbestfriend »

been busy over the winter but it's been well worth it.
Attachments
rapsmall.jpg
rapsmall.jpg (234.73 KiB) Viewed 1826 times
Mighty Mariner
On the Road

Post by Mighty Mariner »

Word of caution.
Have the link pipes been bolted to the mountings on the frame?
If you have not you are at risk of blowing the link pipe off the collector box part with grave consequences.
The front of the link pipe can swing down into the tarmac, dig in and if it don't fetch you off the end of the silencer can swing , pivoting on its mounting bolt and when it hits the back of your leg it will cause injury.
If you havn't already get your fabricator to weld mounts on the link pipes to make sure they are secure.
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing
noddysbestfriend
On the Road

Post by noddysbestfriend »

Thanks mm for the warning on that. I have heard of this happening before but only with the aftermarket cans which are held on with a strap round them as they can slide backwards through the strap. Mine are mounted exactly as they were on the Suzuki that donated them and it would need a bolt to actually come out of the mounting before they moved back. The mounting brackets are welded to the cans. Thanks for the warning though, nice to know there are people looking out for each other on this site.