What did you do to your Raptor today

General spannery stuff
ozzraptor
On the Road

Re: What did you do to your Raptor today

Post by ozzraptor »

Spyke wrote:Ooh, nice stickers, custom made or off-the-shelf?

It's funny how "things" are often in the eye of the beholder, for some of us "dull grey" looks "classic, restrained and sophisticated"!
no they are off the ebay shelf spyke :lol:
Dante
On the Road

Post by Dante »

Damn the brakes are strong.
I think that everyone should do this upgrade.
It s from a superduke and bought it from a friend.
Easy swap,no minor mods needed.
Spyke
On the Road

Post by Spyke »

Dante wrote:Damn the brakes are strong.
I think that everyone should do this upgrade.
LOL, glad you're happy, but don't you be telling me what to do! :nerner:

Being a tight Scots git, I begrudge spending money on petrol AND brake pads, so I'm still on the original set.

[Actually I'm really uncoordinated, and prefer long flowing roads to technical ones involving lots of gears and brakes, each to their own.]
Road racing's where it's at - going round in circles all day is for hamsters.
V4mp
On the Road

Post by V4mp »

Great looking master cylinder, can't wait to install my new ISR MC... :pinch:

I think I need to borrow this idea for my blackboc v2.0. Looks great !
Don't ride faster than your angels can fly !
V4mp
On the Road

Post by V4mp »

Pics from ISR MC, not installed yet...
CAM00576 – Kopio.jpg
CAM00576 – Kopio.jpg (148.68 KiB) Viewed 4082 times
CAM00578 – Kopio.jpg
CAM00578 – Kopio.jpg (164.69 KiB) Viewed 4082 times
Also pic from adjuster I made for rear shock, now its possible to use it when installed in bike. :dance:
CAM00623 – Kopio.jpg
CAM00623 – Kopio.jpg (137.06 KiB) Viewed 4082 times
norrie
On the Road

Post by norrie »

Nice. 8)
Norrie.

Lang may yer lum reek!
ozzraptor
On the Road

Post by ozzraptor »

:shock: that isr mc is an absolute work of art! These are the SRT bars ,not today but yesterday i replaced my SRT bars with my stockers because i found i was leaning too far forward and became very uncomfortable on my neck and wrists on rides anything longer than about half an hour. Anyone interested in some italian made SRT bars setup for suzuki or raptor :wink: They are much straighter than the oem bars, also brake master will foul on the horns ,i could not find any aftermarket bars with a similar bend to the oem. After scuffing up the chrome a bit i sent my stockers off for powder coating (black) cant complain about $10 and they do a great job.
V4mp
On the Road

Post by V4mp »

ozzraptor wrote::shock: that isr mc is an absolute work of art! These are the SRT bars ,not today but yesterday i replaced my SRT bars with my stockers because i found i was leaning too far forward and became very uncomfortable on my neck and wrists on rides anything longer than about half an hour. Anyone interested in some italian made SRT bars setup for suzuki or raptor :wink: They are much straighter than the oem bars, also brake master will foul on the horns ,i could not find any aftermarket bars with a similar bend to the oem. After scuffing up the chrome a bit i sent my stockers off for powder coating (black) cant complain about $10 and they do a great job.
I like the way you've mounted that gear indicator. But can you see it when riding without moving your sight out of the road ?
Haha, you're not only one who doesn't like stock bars... Bought my third new bars hopefully they are the last. :D
ozzraptor
On the Road

Post by ozzraptor »

The stock bars are best suited to the bike because of the horns , anything else will need some customizing.If these SRT bars had a 2 inch bend back towards the rider they would be perfect but of course you cannot bend the alloy bar . Checking the gipro is no different to checking the speedo ,its very bright also but can be adjusted , the gipro is best mod! I have a different master cylinder now which does not foul so much with the srt bars but if the bike ever tipped over there would be some damage done. Soon i will have the oem bars back on they are the most comfortable for me and painted black satin :toocool:
V4mp
On the Road

Post by V4mp »

ozzraptor wrote:The stock bars are best suited to the bike because of the horns , anything else will need some customizing.If these SRT bars had a 2 inch bend back towards the rider they would be perfect but of course you cannot bend the alloy bar . Checking the gipro is no different to checking the speedo ,its very bright also but can be adjusted , the gipro is best mod! I have a different master cylinder now which does not foul so much with the srt bars but if the bike ever tipped over there would be some damage done. Soon i will have the oem bars back on they are the most comfortable for me and painted black satin :toocool:
Hmm, looks like I just added gipro to my next winters to-do-list... :D
ozzraptor
On the Road

Post by ozzraptor »

V4mp wrote:
ozzraptor wrote:The stock bars are best suited to the bike because of the horns , anything else will need some customizing.If these SRT bars had a 2 inch bend back towards the rider they would be perfect but of course you cannot bend the alloy bar . Checking the gipro is no different to checking the speedo ,its very bright also but can be adjusted , the gipro is best mod! I have a different master cylinder now which does not foul so much with the srt bars but if the bike ever tipped over there would be some damage done. Soon i will have the oem bars back on they are the most comfortable for me and painted black satin :toocool:
it also has a built in switchable tre and can use 4-5-6 gear mapping ,removes rev limiter on some model gsxr and you can turn the tre off easily . There is a choice of two colors for led ,red or blue ,as you can see i have the blue
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

rode her for the first time in ages - FI flashing on the dash and oil light stayed on :( , so a mile to the local garage provided half a tank of fresh fuel, and by the time the new guy at the counter had given me all his 'oh by gum motorcycles are bad' stories (like they do) the oil had managed to warm enough and the fuel had mixed nicely so both the FI and oil light was off before I left the forecourt. :happyhappy:
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
V4mp
On the Road

Post by V4mp »

ozzraptor wrote:
V4mp wrote:
it also has a built in switchable tre and can use 4-5-6 gear mapping ,removes rev limiter on some model gsxr and you can turn the tre off easily . There is a choice of two colors for led ,red or blue ,as you can see i have the blue
Have you noticed any difference after installing gipro ? I mean has tre made your bike run better ?
ozzraptor
On the Road

Post by ozzraptor »

Honestly i wouldn't know because i have always had a tre fitted, i will turn it off next time i go out for a run and see if i can feel any difference in the lower revs.
V4mp
On the Road

Post by V4mp »

ozzraptor wrote:Honestly i wouldn't know because i have always had a tre fitted, i will turn it off next time i go out for a run and see if i can feel any difference in the lower revs.
:thumbsup: