3x m/c 2 exhaust gaskets--only 6 weeks to wait.WTF!!!!

Technical stuff specific to the V and Xtra raptors
TLMONKEY
On the Road

3x m/c 2 exhaust gaskets--only 6 weeks to wait.WTF!!!!

Post by TLMONKEY »

First called suzuki dealer for 2 exh. TLS gasket's(the inch long silver one) £10.56 each + £5.00 delivery. :shock:
So thought ill give 3x a call....
£5.35 each +£3.00 delivery. great i thought.
Oh wait out of stock :( BUT... got them on order, so best 2 call back in a week.
So 3 day's later i thought screw it i need them,so will just order them now and then as soon as they arrive they can post them to me.
No wait,
Now told...sorry but factory/italy shut down now for 4 weeks, so lookin at 6 weeks before delivery..EH!!!!
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

:( sadly I had the same answer a year or so back, apparently they shut for the whole of August.
'Tis a shame that after years of dealing with the factory that 3X don't appear to remember, and dont get stocks in to cover the possibilities.

Now you remind me though, I thought I'd ordered something (what it was I can't recall :oops: ) a month or so ago - I shall have to check
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
TLMONKEY
On the Road

Post by TLMONKEY »

snapdragon wrote:55 years ago
Now you remind me though, I thought I'd ordered something (what it was I can't recall :oops: ) a month or so ago - I shall have to check
:lol:
ozzy
On the Road

Post by ozzy »

take an old exhast gasket to any bike shop that carry spares,even some car spares places. replaced my exhaust gaskets with kawasaki ones, no idea what model,they just went to a box measured up and £6 a pair.sorted. on my guzzi trike the rear master cylinder seal blew, its a simple O ring with a lip.its off a harly fxr/dyno.£12.60, two weeks to wait.told them they were taking the piss.went to a pakistani owned auto spares shop,they gave me a large box of master cylinder O rings, sorted through them as all loose, found a few that looked same as old one,£1 for 3 seals.worked fine and 1000 miles later still fine.
I bet if you measure inside and outside diameter and phone motto mecca spares across the road from three cross they will have guzzi ones in stock the same size for a quid each.they also sell raptor parts cheaper than 3x and carry some in stock.
Wintermute
On the Road

Post by Wintermute »

Kawasaki sell the suzuki vstrom thing with the stickers changed, got a genuine oil filter from kawa dealer, suzuki box kawa labels...lol
Keep it Real!
01 vrap, ducati yokes/forks/front wheel, clip-ons, aprillia disc's, link plates, hagon shock,TFI box, air box mod'd, tre, prp exhausts, modified monoposto 916 seat unit, new undertray and expansion tank.
TLMONKEY
On the Road

Post by TLMONKEY »

ozzy wrote:55 years agotake an old exhast gasket to any bike shop that carry spares,even some car spares places. replaced my exhaust gaskets with kawasaki ones, no idea what model,they just went to a box measured up and £6 a pair.sorted. on my guzzi trike the rear master cylinder seal blew, its a simple O ring with a lip.its off a harly fxr/dyno.£12.60, two weeks to wait.told them they were taking the piss.went to a pakistani owned auto spares shop,they gave me a large box of master cylinder O rings, sorted through them as all loose, found a few that looked same as old one,£1 for 3 seals.worked fine and 1000 miles later still fine.
I bet if you measure inside and outside diameter and phone motto mecca spares across the road from three cross they will have guzzi ones in stock the same size for a quid each.they also sell raptor parts cheaper than 3x and carry some in stock.
Damn,
Already went and bought 3 from suzuki 34.00 as coudnt wait to get bike on the road,which was a waste of time as it ran until i went to post office,taxed it,rode to mate to show him, went to start it 20min later and won't start,and now 10+days later i have managed to start it twice,then once switched off it wont start.
Have changed coils/plug's/ecu/cam sensor/reg,rec/starter solonoid/checked earth's from loom to -bat/ -bat to engine/clutch switch,bridged sidestand switch,all relay's.
Fuel pump is priming and engine does turn over ,But wont start
One minute i seems to be getting a spark,but no fuel,then seems to swop to fuel but no spark :x
Cavia
On the Road

Post by Cavia »

Hi TL monkey

So you got a spark ,I presume you checked that with the plug outside the bike?
And you smelled fuel getting into your cilinders?

Maybe you already did it but have you checked the electrical connections to your injectors for any bad contacts ?
is your fuel filter OK?
Cause if your injectors are not functioning (dirt in them or bad electical connection) th fuel will not atomize inside the cil. and won't ignite at all fouling the plugs.

No offence but are the spark plug cables connected as they should?
(Ihad that once on a bike took me some time to find out ,had fuel and a spark but did not run :oops: )

Oh no that could not be it it had ran before didnt it
No bike is ever finished!
TLMONKEY
On the Road

Post by TLMONKEY »

Cavia wrote:55 years agoHi TL monkey

So you got a spark ,I presume you checked that with the plug outside the bike?
And you smelled fuel getting into your cilinders?

Maybe you already did it but have you checked the electrical connections to your injectors for any bad contacts ?
is your fuel filter OK?
Cause if your injectors are not functioning (dirt in them or bad electical connection) th fuel will not atomize inside the cil. and won't ignite at all fouling the plugs.

No offence but are the spark plug cables connected as they should?
(Ihad that once on a bike took me some time to find out ,had fuel and a spark but did not run :oops: )

Oh no that could not be it it had ran before didnt it
Well,
I am embarressed to admit it but,
After all my changing of electrical parts, i removed the front plug(something i should have done earlier) to check spark and eeif front cylinder is getting fuel, front plug was pisswet through and black,so checked for spark and suprise no spark,so quickly fitted another and turned bike over an boom it started on the 2-3 rd turn of startermotor.
But for some reason it is running extremely rich,to the point of (im guessing fuoling the plugs only after 3 engine run's/starts.
Now it has got a high comp set of 1060cc pistons fitted+titanium rods+tlr head's and cam's,but is still running a standard restrictive exhaust system.which i would have thought would make it run weaker,not richer.
If i run it for 2-3min thew smell is intense and starts to burn my eye's and when i go back into house you can smell the fumes/fuel on my clothes for anbout 30min-1hour.
So i coulddo with a nice race systemor just can's to weaken it a bit and a go on a yoshi box.
Anyone local to me got one i could borrow/use?
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

I have a Yoshi (well i did till demonbaker borrowed it) but you a bit far off
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
TLMONKEY
On the Road

Post by TLMONKEY »

snapdragon wrote:55 years agoI have a Yoshi (well i did till demonbaker borrowed it) but you a bit far off
Damn,
got my hope's up then matey :D
Cavia
On the Road

Post by Cavia »

Maybe try cleaning your injectors

Or another grade of spark plugs
No bike is ever finished!
TLMONKEY
On the Road

Post by TLMONKEY »

Cavia wrote:55 years agoMaybe try cleaning your injectors

Or another grade of spark plugs
Cavia,
I have now fitted hotter running tls cr8e-k plug's(had cooler running iridium cr9eix's in it)
which do seem to be a bit better,but it is like riding a bloody 1060cc pogostick,bike surges,can't keep at same rev's,sometimes when i stop at lights it either wants to stall or it revs up and it will even want to carry on when you shut the throttle while behind vehicle's.
What i do need is a power commander or yoshi box and a full system so the engine cam breath a bit better and then i need to figure out why i cant get my rear light to work(brakelight works and have tried another bulb) and if i fit the hose from the front t/b that goes to the sensor(aips or iaps??) that sits at rear of airbox the bike wont run for more than 5-10 second's, i have replaced the sensor but ts still the same and thats 1 of the sensor's that controls the inj. time and volume.