belly pan

General spannery stuff
raptorratte
On the Road

belly pan

Post by raptorratte »

Recently i bought a belly pan from a sv1000 on ebay. Does anywone now if it will fit on my xraptor??
Drive it like you stole it
88/999
if you obey all the rules you miss al the fun
ozzy
On the Road

Post by ozzy »

i cannot tell you how to fit it, but have heard someone discuss this before and that involved cutting it to fit exhausts and making own brackets
RaptorMan
On the Road
Facebook address thingy: John Hocking Raptorman

Post by RaptorMan »

You will need to cut out rear exits for the pipes and extend or make new brackets.
I had to do it to a TL bellypan to fit to a V Rap
Be Loud Be Proud Be Heard
2002 V RAP 1000,Raucous,Rebellious and Hooliganistic
1997 BLACKBIRD,Quiet,Refined and Comfortable
Black No.1
On the Road

Post by Black No.1 »

i bought the SV1000 pan for £20 off ebay, and paid for genuine SV1000 brackets from suzuki. brackets were ~£25 or so, but fit the rap perfectly and don't look like crap (like some home made brackets i have seen!!)

slight trimming (with a dremel tool - the sanding wheel) is needed on the rear right hand side to clear the exhaust. trimming a little bit at a time untill it clears is the way to do it!! see below for a pic!!!:)

2001 Cagiva Raptor 1K, black with copper flake, matching wheels with polished rims, matris steering damper, braking wavy disks, digi gear indicator, SV1K belly pan, tail tidy, clear clutch cover, ccc titanium cans, LED rear light.
raptorratte
On the Road

Post by raptorratte »

the belly pan is fitted and it did need no modifications the brackets i have self made at my work.
Where did you get that plexi cover? It looks awesome
88/999
Black No.1
On the Road

Post by Black No.1 »

raptorratte wrote:55 years agothe belly pan is fitted and it did need no modifications the brackets i have self made at my work.
Where did you get that plexi cover? It looks awesome
I take it you mean the clear clutch cover. I got it off an awesome guy on www.tlzone.net who goes by the name of Rifleman. If you log onto there you should'nt have any trouble finding him. If you need any assistance let me know. :D
2001 Cagiva Raptor 1K, black with copper flake, matching wheels with polished rims, matris steering damper, braking wavy disks, digi gear indicator, SV1K belly pan, tail tidy, clear clutch cover, ccc titanium cans, LED rear light.
raptorratte
On the Road

Post by raptorratte »

thx will try it that way
88/999