I got me some cans at last!!!!!

Chat about anything
taz_116
On the Road

I got me some cans at last!!!!!

Post by taz_116 »

Got a set of oval stainless CCC ones of ebay. Had a bargain!

My god they are loud though :shock: Fitted them today and went for a run. I even noticed that it pulls harder through out the rev range.

Next question is do i need to get it re-mapped? If so should i get a power commander or yoshi box? Any one with a yoshi box that might help me out?

Cheers in advance for the help
Burn Rubber, Not Your Soul

2001 V-Raptor 1000, K&N Air Filter & TRE
philattersall
On the Road

Re: I got me some cans at last!!!!!

Post by philattersall »

taz_116 wrote:Got a set of oval stainless CCC ones of ebay. Had a bargain!

My god they are loud though :shock: Fitted them today and went for a run. I even noticed that it pulls harder through out the rev range.

Next question is do i need to get it re-mapped? If so should i get a power commander or yoshi box? Any one with a yoshi box that might help me out?

Cheers in advance for the help
I'm of the opinion a PC is the better bet. But a yoshi box will do just as good a job up to a point. Best getting it on a dyno though so you can see the before and after effect of the yoshi box.

Try any big services centers, most should if they have a dyno will have a yoshi box
RaptorMan
On the Road
Facebook address thingy: John Hocking Raptorman

Post by RaptorMan »

After I put my cans on I too noticed a big difference and it does not need to be remapped although to get the most from them it is recommended.
I had mine mapped at TTS with a Techlusion TFI unit and it goes like stink.
Sounds awesome too :twisted:
Be Loud Be Proud Be Heard
2002 V RAP 1000,Raucous,Rebellious and Hooliganistic
1997 BLACKBIRD,Quiet,Refined and Comfortable
taz_116
On the Road

Post by taz_116 »

Well i have just recived a set of Db Killers from the good people at Carbon Can Co.

By looking at them i can't see them reducing the noise too much :shock: Guess it will help with PC Plod though Well i hope it will :twisted:
Burn Rubber, Not Your Soul

2001 V-Raptor 1000, K&N Air Filter & TRE