E-moto Hugger warning

Technical stuff specific to the Raptor 650
Magnum
On the Road

E-moto Hugger warning

Post by Magnum »

I have fitted the e-moto hugger on my 650 :( The fitting was less than perfect. :roll: The finshing of the product is no more than o.k.
I recommend that you should think twice before buying this hugger :evil: :evil: The arrangement of the clamp around the right hand side fork is clumpsy. On top of that the shape around the fork gets the hugger too close to the wheel :roll: :roll: I ended up doing the Cavia modification described in this forum http://raptors.ukbikeforum.co.uk/viewto ... 5e5c73cb5e. O.k this mod. does the trick, but I must say that my expectations on this product was higher. I don´t expect to paying premium just to start sawing and drilling on the part to get it in place.
Surely there must be better aftermarket huggers than this one.

Cheers!
Cruisers are best enjoyed on the water!
Cavia
On the Road

Post by Cavia »

you're right
for that price it should be a better fit.
Did the mod only because I didn't want the hassle of sending it back through the post and get another one that maybe also didn't fit :x
If I bought it in a shop round here I probably would have returned it.
Still, I like it like it is now.
Anyone else bought other parts from Emoto? were they ok?
Still looking for underseat trim and frame covers :)
No bike is ever finished!
craigus
On the Road

Post by craigus »

I bought a carbon key surround that bolts to the tank & i found that the holes for the bolts where not right & i had to elongate them to make it fit perfect & again the finish was just O.K
TimO
On the Road

Post by TimO »

Only just noticed this post. I bought a hugger from emoto last year, i never got it to fit properly, the clamp system is poor and the whole thing was rubbing against the tyre :roll: I ended up riding to emoto in London to get them to fit it, they couldn't! Eventually they agreed to swap it for some underseat trims.
It was a bit of a painful experience dealing with them. I would be cautious, for my next carbon purchase I might try Forza Italia :D

TimO
twistedpr
On the Road

Post by twistedpr »

Got mine from emoto last summer, after my little off meant I needed a new front fender, so what the hell. I think I was just lucky, as although the system is indeed clumsy to fit (I hope the swingarm scratches are merely superficial), fit it did. No rubbing or anything.

Reading the other posts, I doubt the fact that the rear tire on a 650 is narrower makes any difference. Like the front fender, then both run a tad too clise to the tire for comfort though, as the "thunk" of gravel on epoxy eminds me everytime the tire picks up something.

Having said that, all things in, it was a good move, as they look great. :D Shame the same can't be said about emoto's customer service though - diabolical IMHO/experience. :evil:
Four wheels move the body.
Two wheels move the soul.
------ X-Rap 188/999 ------