Running issues

Technical stuff specific to the Raptor 1000
Zane
On the Road

Running issues

Post by Zane »

Hi guys

my xraptor has been running odd. when travelling at 130 Kay and pinning the bike I am getting splatter and slight loss in power . Very frustrating. My mechanic has checked all electrics and says they are fine. He has changed the fuel filter and even checked the fuel line pressures. Last thing he did was remove the injectors which he said are fine.

Any suggestions....... ?
Loves a squirt in the mountains with the Raptor....yeeeehaaaa
craigus
On the Road

Re: Running issues

Post by craigus »

what about the spark plugs or water in the fuel - check the hose underside of the tank next to the fuel pump the bit that screws into the tank gets blocked and doesnt allow the water that gets in around the filler cap to escape , I`ve drilled the hole bigger in mine as it kept reoccurring .
RaptorJo
On the Road

Post by RaptorJo »

I had same problem when I put a new air filter on it just didn't like it......... put an oem back on and it ran fine again.
TimO
On the Road

Post by TimO »

I experienced this issue, almost exactly. Mine was as Craigus said, water had got into the fuel, due to the drain hole in the filler neck being blocked up. Water had then made it's way into the fuel pump, located in the bottom of the petrol tank. Mine was easily solved with a strip down and clean up of the pump. Mine was getting quite rusty and I think if left for much longer would have been knackered.

TimO