hard start and when did oil leak from the Clutch cover

Technical stuff specific to the V and Xtra raptors
mpglondon

hard start and when did oil leak from the Clutch cover

Post by mpglondon »

Hi Guys

here is the full story and i hope you can help me out with ideas.

before winter.., i filled up too much the oil (passed far the max mark), today when i tried to start the bike didn't manage to start it up, after a jump with the car and an hour of patient .. the bike started to run again.. but after the motor reached 100 C, the bike started to leak oil like crazy from the clutch cover.

Do you think it could be related for the bike been unable to start?

i will try to empty a bit of oil.., but worried it might broke something with too much oil.., or that water might have got inside as when on there was kind of two layers, one brown oil and other kind of white.

Any idea.. suggestions?

thanks

Marcos
schepie
On the Road

Re: hard start and when did oil leak from the Clutch cover

Post by schepie »

[quote="mpglondon"]Hi Guys

here is the full story and i hope you can help me out with ideas.

before winter.., i filled up too much the oil (passed far the max mark), today when i tried to start the bike didn't manage to start it up, after a jump with the car and an hour of patient .. the bike started to run again.. but after the motor reached 100 C, the bike started to leak oil like crazy from the clutch cover.

Do you think it could be related for the bike been unable to start?

i will try to empty a bit of oil.., but worried it might broke something with too much oil.., or that water might have got inside as when on there was kind of two layers, one brown oil and other kind of white.

Any idea.. suggestions?

hi , in my opinion brown or milky white oil wants to say you got a bit of water with the oil :| . I have had this with my previues monster for several years , probably some condensation in the engine nothing serious just let the oil out and refill with new one just to be safe.
Filling up the oil level to high is as bad as putting in too little :idea: .
I would start with renewing you engine oil and refilling it up correctly , than see what the bike does.
Going to the dealer wouldent be a bad idea. :!:
mpglondon

Post by mpglondon »

any good dealer/garage around London?

i took it to one once and they broke the rear disc break (tried to ride with the disc lock on) and they didn't want to take care of what they broke.

i'll empty the oil and put new one (hope it won't keep leaking.. but i fear the worse). wonder how the water is getting inside... took forever to power it up (hope the cilinders will be OK if water got inside)
Miz
On the Road

Post by Miz »

Try Baines Racing at Silverstone.
152/999