rear shock dimensions please?

Technical stuff specific to the Raptor 1000
rich-racing.co.uk
On the Road

rear shock dimensions please?

Post by rich-racing.co.uk »

could anyone tell me the length to bolt centres, widths across the fitting holes, and bolt sizes to save me taking my shock out to find out please?

thanks.
993ti
On the Road

Re: rear shock dimensions please?

Post by 993ti »

2003 Raptor 1000
Don't steal, the government doesn't like competition.
rich-racing.co.uk
On the Road

that's a great help, thanks for that.

looking at a shock on ebay and hadn't got time to take the unit out the bike.
Coose
On the Road

Post by Coose »

That drawing is rather useful! :)

Which shock are you looking at? Chances are that someone may have tried it already and could let you know whether it's a simple fit and/or what would need to be done to make it fit if possible.
rich-racing.co.uk
On the Road

Coose wrote:55 years agoThat drawing is rather useful! :)

Which shock are you looking at? Chances are that someone may have tried it already and could let you know whether it's a simple fit and/or what would need to be done to make it fit if possible.
was looking at a technoflex on fleabay. said it should fit an early blade, which meant it should fit a rap too. from the drawing it 's 15mm too short tho at 195mm.

I've got a showa unit out of my 748, and also an R1 shock from a '99 4XV. going to look into those while I'm at it, tho would have to move the battery box..
Coose
On the Road

Post by Coose »

Aye, just seen that Technoflex. If it had adjustable ride height it might've been worth a punt!

One thing to consider is that you can always go for a longer shock - my 'Blade Maxton is set to 315mm with Bike Farm jack up plates fitted also (+25mm I think - I'll have to measure them sometime), so you could easily go for a longer shock with standard plates. The turn-in on mine is cracking! :D
rich-racing.co.uk
On the Road

Coose wrote:55 years agoAye, just seen that Technoflex. If it had adjustable ride height it might've been worth a punt!

One thing to consider is that you can always go for a longer shock - my 'Blade Maxton is set to 315mm with Bike Farm jack up plates fitted also (+25mm I think - I'll have to measure them sometime), so you could easily go for a longer shock with standard plates. The turn-in on mine is cracking! :D

bike came with jack up plates. might look at a 1999 R1 shock I already have, also a showa unit off my 748. but both have piggyback reservoirs so the battery box is in the way :(

sorted the forks so back feels pretty wallowy now.
kev
On the Road

Post by kev »

ive got a penske race shock from an r1 on mine its the dogs high/lowspeed compresion etc adjustable ride ht oh endless twidling :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Coose
On the Road

Post by Coose »

Battery box relocation is simple - join the TL Zone forum and search for fitting a TL1000R battery box to a TL1000S by Sam (a neighbour of mine - have a look at his fine collection of TLs too. His race bike chucks out 140bhp at the wheel and he's building one with a Rotrex supercharger... :twisted: )

This mod moves the battery to the left-hand side of the motor, just below the radiator. It's pretty straight-forward, where you should only need to make a bracket and possibly knock up a spacer. I have an "R" battery box which I picked up as I was going to go down the route of an Aprilia RSV Ohlins shock but the 'Blade Maxton appeared. It's a bit battered (the box), otherwise I'd offer it to you for nominal beer tokens....