Can you fit a 180 or 190 on rear without a mod?

Technical stuff specific to the Raptor 650
superaptor
On the Road

Can you fit a 180 or 190 on rear without a mod?

Post by superaptor »

I have a 170 on the rear now and looks like there is plenty of room for a 180 ... has anybody fit a 180 or maybe 190 without any mod on an 07 raptor 650?
I know 180 would but just dont want to kill myself yet. thanks :ride:
weirdo
On the Road

Re: Can you fit a 180 or 190 on rear without a mod?

Post by weirdo »

I think the 650 / 1000 swing arms are the same. The 1000 has a 180 tyre as standard, i've never tried a 190 (can't think of a reason to), but i think it would be verrry tight in there if it fits at all.

Would it be just for looks or would you expect an improvement in some way?
To a Raptor....EVERYTHING else is just prey !!

WOOHOO!...TWINS!
superaptor
On the Road

Post by superaptor »

I found a Diablo Super Corsa which Im obsessed with and its only 1/5 th of the retail price.... I just want to make sure that i wont die on the bike with it..
I like 190s on commuting but they suck on cornering on streets especially after they become rectangle oh well so would that 190 fit safe on my raptor 650 cuz it looks like I got 1 1/2 " inch on each side and plenty of room on the front incase the tire iis too tall. Im also thinking about an exhaust warmer setup for the tires cuz I just dont want to eat shit on them on a corner and look like an idiot. what do you think weirdo? would the tire fit safe? someone please give me some balls so I can grab the tire
weirdo
On the Road

Post by weirdo »

I really wouldn't fancy fitting a 190 tyre onto a wheel that's designed for a 170. I've just looked at my 180 to check clearances, andit would be very tight, probably fouling the chain before the swingarm.
I don't mean to sound thick, but what's an exhaust warmer setup? :oops:
To a Raptor....EVERYTHING else is just prey !!

WOOHOO!...TWINS!
superaptor
On the Road

Post by superaptor »

weirdo I guess I'm just weirder than you are! I bought the 190 rear and the front for a heck of a deal. well Im still trying to make my never ending outgassed michelin bald. Anyway I promise I will not grind my pegs on the corners with the Diablos. :P anyway I always wanted to put a rig on the exhaust. like a butterfly wing on the end of the exhaust or a valve where the exhaust can shoot the hot gasses on the tire so you can warm up your tires and then close the valves or cut off the hot fumes at little bit . well just an idea this might also help on sprinklers you can dry your tires very quick.. :P just being creative here :)