most miles

Technical stuff specific to the Raptor 1000
Raptoress
On the Road

Re: most miles

Post by Raptoress »

i have only had my 2000 raptor for 2 weeks, it had 37000kms on it,
and i have just put 1600kms on it in the 2 weeks i have had it. :D :mrgreen:

in march next year, we have planned a 4000km ride (to the world superbikes and tassie) and in oct, we have a 3000km ride (to the Moto G.P.) so the kms will be rising quickly.

my other bike, a kawasaki zephyr 750cc, has over 125,000kms on it and still going strong. (don't tell her tho, she might have to go, the raptor has me rapted :thumbsup:
There is no better high, than a good days riding !

Raptor 1000
Z1R
Frankiesan
On the Road

Post by Frankiesan »

well TBR (The Baby Raptor) as I call her has done over 30K miles now! and still she is performing for me :-)

Not bad for a 2002 650

Bought it a while back now with 12800miles on it.. She's been to Italy and back and the only engine trouble she's ever had is,
Sticky butterfly valve
Starter motor clutch assembly threw it's self apart.

God I love her.. (although I secretly want a Thou)
Red Mist
On the Road

Post by Red Mist »

Got my 51 plate a couple of years ago with just under 10K on the clock. Now done over 23K Not actually been riding as much this year because of family commitments and a house move. Also last Winter was just a tad severe.

It's also spent a bit of time off the road this year as a few parts have worn or broken, eg head bearings, rear disc, clutch cable etc. Just been in the garage for three weeks because the bearings in my rear shock collapsed and then the gudgeon pin got chewed up and was u/s. Got the bearings okay, but had to have the pin machined up.