Carbon bits

Technical stuff specific to the V and Xtra raptors
cagiva_girl
On the Road

Carbon bits

Post by cagiva_girl »

anyone had experience of these bits
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2002-2007-CAG ... 879wt_8822

not sure how well they would fit or how easy they would be to make fit - but is tempting at the price :pinch:
so many roads to travel - so many ways to get lost!
weirdo
On the Road

Re: Carbon bits

Post by weirdo »

Looks good to me CG, I don't see any reason for it to not fit straight on.

Go on ... You know you want it :evil:
To a Raptor....EVERYTHING else is just prey !!

WOOHOO!...TWINS!
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

Wooooo shiny :nod:
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
Hairy_Mark
Hirsute Maximus Spanner...I do Technical Me ;)

Post by Hairy_Mark »

No experience of anything but Scarlattimoto products, which were good, except for inadequate mountings on the side panels.

these look the part and are shown fitting onto a Raptor (If it's a photo of their product says the cynic in me.)

The price seems okay, too.

I'd happilly volunteer you to be the guinea pig who tries them out for the rest of us!

I'd even buy you a virtual pint for it.
Legal disclaimer :
The author has recently been declared sane.
He thanks Dr Foster for this and hopes his
clothes dry out after the puddle incident.
cagiva_girl
On the Road

Post by cagiva_girl »

What can I say - its a hard life but I suppose someone has to do it! will keep you all posted as I am really tempted, shouldn't really... :blush:

Seat plastics have already been mended and side panels are cracking up :( Carbon does look sooooo preeeetty :notworthy:
weirdo
On the Road

Post by weirdo »

Looking again at the picture, i can't see the underneath part of the horns. It just looks like the top part.
Being carbon fibre, strength won't be an issue, but i wonder if there'd be much wind noise or vibration if it can get under the horns ?

WOOHOO!...TWINS!
cagiva_girl
On the Road

Post by cagiva_girl »

weirdo wrote:55 years agoLooking again at the picture, i can't see the underneath part of the horns. It just looks like the top part.
Being carbon fibre, strength won't be an issue, but i wonder if there'd be much wind noise or vibration if it can get under the horns ?
Good thinking batman I have also checked their feedback it it looks previous buyers have been unhappy as it is fibreglass covered with carbon so have asked to clarify actual materials - Im not just a pretty face :? If it seems too good to be true it probably is :cry:
KimL
On the Road

Post by KimL »

cagiva_girl wrote:55 years agoanyone had experience of these bits
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2002-2007-CAG ... 879wt_8822

not sure how well they would fit or how easy they would be to make fit - but is tempting at the price :pinch:
Hi cagiva_girl,

I have actually bought this part from oskbodykit to my v-rap. It was quite easy to fit, but i had to use the drill in every hole since there was to much material so couldn´t get the screws through the holes. But after drilling there was no problem with the fitment for me :). I can say that it isn´t all carbon fibre, it is fiberglass covered with carbon fibre, but it still looks nice on the bike :). Better looking then the originals at least :).

The other parts they sell to the V-rap you shouldn´t buy. I also bought the side panels and the seat panels . The side panels couldn´t be fitted at all, they are not molded correctly :(. I have tried to cut and reshape them a little my self and still can´t get them to fit so they are just wrong :(. And on my bike since i have the cans fitted directly under the seat the seat panels can´t be used :(. The ones that oskbodykit sells are slightly bigger then the originals and they get squashed when i try to fit the seat back to the bike. But if you have cans fitted to the original mounting points of the bike then you sholdn´t have problem with the seat panels i think.

But don´t buy the side panels, they wont fit at all, they are just wrong in every way :(. I bought them just for test since they were quite cheap and thought that if they don´t fit it´s not the end of the world for me, but at least i have tried, and now none of you guys have to make the same mistake :).

Think that for the side panels and seat panels it´s better to buy from motoforzaitalia that snapdragon tip us about in the general technical thread. That´s what i will do :)
cagiva_girl
On the Road

Post by cagiva_girl »

Oooo thanks KimL just the advice I was looking for - guess what Santa will be bringing for Xmas :mrgreen: I did email them to find out about construction after several buyers had left dubious feedback about not being carbon - what did they really expect for the price?

It sounds like the bits you have suggested will just exactly what I want - make the bike look loved :wink:
KimL
On the Road

Post by KimL »

cagiva_girl wrote:55 years agoOooo thanks KimL just the advice I was looking for - guess what Santa will be bringing for Xmas :mrgreen: I did email them to find out about construction after several buyers had left dubious feedback about not being carbon - what did they really expect for the price?

It sounds like the bits you have suggested will just exactly what I want - make the bike look loved :wink:

Glad i could help you out :). They also packed the horn very well with wooden frame inside the carton so nothing could be crushed during transport, that was very nice done of them i think :).

But as i said, only buy the horns and the panels you fit to the seat (if you need them), the other panels wont work at all.

Think your Rappy will be happy this christmas :ride:
cagiva_girl
On the Road

Post by cagiva_girl »

well what can I say - after careful consideration and weighing up all the options I went for it and have to say was very impressed with the quality - if only they fitted :cry:

The horns fit just right except for the top bit has been cut short against the tank plate - the only way out is moving the underneath part backwards which than means new holes have to be drilled!

The seat panels aren't even the right shape as there is a gap between the panel and the seat.

They have admitted the worker was at fault with the horns and that the mould for the panels may be warped and asked if I could send my panels over to them to build a new mould and compensate me $100 for the hassle - don't think that even covers the postage! :explode:

I have declined their offer and asked for a refund - looks like the carbon has to wait till I win the lottery or the kids leave home :cry:
just a thought but wonder if they can be persuaded to join the army or summit :evil:
cagiva_girl
On the Road

Post by cagiva_girl »

Thought I'd better update on the carbon. :rant:

There was no way the seat panels would fit - they have admitted that the mould was wrong for the seat panels and offered to make a new one if I sent my originals! they have offered refund but only if I send it all back - will be about £70 :sick:

they finally sent a replacement set of horns which are better fitting but I've had months of hassle - with eBay sticking by their side agreeing I would need to send the bits back for refund so I agreed to accept replacement horns so I had something to show for my money :angry: because I opened a case about it I cant even leave feedback :angry: - I did complain about them still listing the wrong panels and cant find them currently being listed so hoping to have saved someone else from the same hassle.

Not a good winter with bike stuff as Scotts have let me down over the leathers I ordered at the NEC in November - there is only so much chasing a girl can do before she gives up - they do not have any customer service at all :angry: finally got the deposit back but left me still squishing certain bits of me into leathers :blush:

Oh well - back to the drawing board
weirdo
On the Road

Post by weirdo »

cagiva_girl wrote:55 years ago..... but left me still squishing certain bits of me into leathers :blush:

:superman: if you need a hand with that .....

...'kin helpful, me!

WOOHOO!...TWINS!
KimL
On the Road

Post by KimL »

cagiva_girl wrote:55 years agoThought I'd better update on the carbon. :rant:

There was no way the seat panels would fit - they have admitted that the mould was wrong for the seat panels and offered to make a new one if I sent my originals! they have offered refund but only if I send it all back - will be about £70 :sick:

they finally sent a replacement set of horns which are better fitting but I've had months of hassle - with eBay sticking by their side agreeing I would need to send the bits back for refund so I agreed to accept replacement horns so I had something to show for my money :angry: because I opened a case about it I cant even leave feedback :angry: - I did complain about them still listing the wrong panels and cant find them currently being listed so hoping to have saved someone else from the same hassle.

Not a good winter with bike stuff as Scotts have let me down over the leathers I ordered at the NEC in November - there is only so much chasing a girl can do before she gives up - they do not have any customer service at all :angry: finally got the deposit back but left me still squishing certain bits of me into leathers :blush:

Been away for a while, but now i´m back again :).

Sorry to hear that you had such problem with the parts from ebay. The seat panels i got from them did actually fit on my bike, no gaps or anything like that. They where just a little bigger then the original so they got squashed between my cans that runs under the seat, if i have had the original cans mounted then there wouldn´t have been any problem for me. Maybe I was just lucky that they actually fitted my bike, since you had such problem with them :(.

Sorry for giving bad advice and that you got so much trouble, thought that the parts that worked for me also would work for you.
cagiva_girl
On the Road

Post by cagiva_girl »

Hey don't feel bad about it - all it goes to prove is that "you pay your money you take your chances". :suspect:

The horns do look good on and I've decided to get the other parts from suppliers over here to finish the job off properly - also have to get the paintwork redone as the lacquer is starting to blister - think its caught the pox from Dizzy! :oops: