New member from Scotland

Make your first post here, say "Hi" and buy a virtual round
norrie
On the Road

New member from Scotland

Post by norrie »

Hi there,

Just joined as I've just bought a 2001 Raptor 650 although not picked It up yet because of the weather-Still got some snow here in the Scottish Borders.

Come from a Buell so like something a bit different and a v twin and the Raptor fits both these bills.

Seem to reconise a couple of the members on here already-Crap tartan is that you Martin? and also dizzy blonde I seem to remember you at the Buell meet 6 months pregnent on your Raptor.

Looking forward to hopefully meeting some of you in the near future and tinkering with the bike a bit. It's really tidy apart from the footrest hangers so will probably whip them off when I get it and either paint them myself or have them powder coated.

Norrie.
Norrie.

Lang may yer lum reek!
snapdragon

Re: New member from Scotland

Post by snapdragon »

Welcome in Norrie :D
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
Crap Tartan
On the Road
Location: Sitting in front of the screen in Portpatrick again

Post by Crap Tartan »

"guilty as charged" have to go into the programme and get me another identity.............. ; )

How u doing Norrie, still got the Buell?

This place is a lot quieter than ukbeg but can be just as much fun and always very useful.

failte my good man!!!
nil illigitimae carborundum
norrie
On the Road

Post by norrie »

Not bad mate.
No not got the Buell anymore had an 1125CR but had to sell it for financial reasons however couldn't stand not having a bike so I've done a shit load of overtime over the last 2 months and bought the Raptor for a very good price. It's a 2001 and only got 10,000 miles on it. :o I done more than that in the first year I had my 1125. :mrgreen:

I see there's a lot of you guys down Cumbria way which isn't to far from me now I'm In the Borders instead of Edinburgh so I see a meet very soon once it warms up a bit.
The bike is in Cleveleys near Blackpool and I went to see it last Saturday but there was snow on my road the A701 and there was snow at the side of the Motorway and freezing fog going over Shap so decided against riding it home but hope to pick it up soon.
Norrie.

Lang may yer lum reek!
Crap Tartan
On the Road
Location: Sitting in front of the screen in Portpatrick again

Post by Crap Tartan »

be nice to see you again! We are moving down to west Cumbria next month as Mel got a new job there so wont be far away. There another guy on here stays in Hawick so a good group around and about.

My raptor has changed since you last seen me and it, got written off, bought it back and is now rather non-standard.

A great bunch on here so enjoy and hope the new "baby" rap works out good, they are fine bikes Mel had one until last summer when she fell in luv with a street triple and my wallet took a helluva kicking....................... :revrev: :ride:
nil illigitimae carborundum
shedmonkey
APM

Post by shedmonkey »

Welcome aboard im in Carlisle .Did you get it from Vin Duckett (the only place in cleveleys that i know of)? They are fun bikes you will love it.
Bit of a Muppet
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

norrie wrote:55 years agoNot bad mate.
-/-. It's a 2001 and only got 10,000 miles on it. :o I done more than that in the first year I had my 1125. :mrgreen:
-/-.
whoooo !!! you've got an as new bike then? only just run-in :D congrats
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
dizzyblonde
On the Road

Post by dizzyblonde »

norrie wrote:55 years ago freezing fog going over Shap so decided against riding it home but hope to pick it up soon.

I wouldn't have either....very wise.

Aye.....that be me at the Buell dooo, trying my best to get down there this year....looking more hopeful too :thumbsup:

Welcome aboard, enjoy the new toy :happyhappy:
Yellow 2001 SV650s,2002 VRaptor
Your Rapter looks like a sci fi robot dragon! and it breaths fire too! It singed my eye brows and boiled my eyes at the lights! smudge
kriss
On the Road

Post by kriss »

wellcome from another newbie :thumbsup:
2008 fz1n, 2001 650 raptor,
AZ
On the Road

Post by AZ »

Welcome norrie,seems to be more Buell riders discovering the raptor these days.You would know me better as Howard,att`s brother.I think a mass raptor meet may be in order up north this year seeing as they seem to be breeding round these parts.
NOTE; bikes do not have air brakes,lofting the front wheel will have an effect on a bikes braking efficiency.
dont arf get the adrenalin pumpin tho!!!
norrie
On the Road

Post by norrie »

AZ wrote:55 years agoWelcome norrie,seems to be more Buell riders discovering the raptor these days.You would know me better as Howard,att`s brother.I think a mass raptor meet may be in order up north this year seeing as they seem to be breeding round these parts.

What and you admit to being Att's brother. :shock:

Yeah a meet sounds good. I'm going to get the bike tomorrow and can't wait. :D
Norrie.

Lang may yer lum reek!
dizzyblonde
On the Road

Post by dizzyblonde »

There was a gathering of sorts ooop norf last year.....however, the chapter seems to be bulging at the seams with new ones lately......
I'd be up for it....... if this guy down in Plymouth sorts me out this tank, seems to be dragging his heels a bit :x

I'd be interested to know how the 650 goes Norrie. Having an SV, I've been rather curious to know how the Raptor clothing fairs around the familiar engine :ride:
Yellow 2001 SV650s,2002 VRaptor
Your Rapter looks like a sci fi robot dragon! and it breaths fire too! It singed my eye brows and boiled my eyes at the lights! smudge
tyremuncher
On the Road
Facebook address thingy: danny moore , hawick

Post by tyremuncher »

where in the borders are you from norrie good choice of bike
i dont need sex,the government fu*k me everyday
norrie
On the Road

Post by norrie »

I'm on the A701 (The Moffat road) about 5 Miles South of Broughton.
I see you're in Hawick so not to far away and I'm often over that way on the A7.

Norrie.
Norrie.

Lang may yer lum reek!
tyremuncher
On the Road
Facebook address thingy: danny moore , hawick

Post by tyremuncher »

norrie wrote:55 years agoI'm on the A701 (The Moffat road) about 5 Miles South of Broughton.
I see you're in Hawick so not to far away and I'm often over that way on the A7.

Norrie.
maybe catch up when the weather warms up, not a bad road to moffat,just need to keep ur eyes peeled for sheep,
i dont need sex,the government fu*k me everyday