Old faithful...

Somewhere for you to post your piccies of you and your bikes
alraptor
On the Road

Old faithful...

Post by alraptor »

I've had my grey 650 since new (2001) - added some titanium cans, a belly pan, fly screen, carbon mudguard and carbon tank/key panel thingy - all done years ago and never got round to the carbon side panels. I even got the Raptor trilogy symbol tattooed on my back! Having two kids in the past 6 years has seriously dented the miles tally, but I'm not selling it, will always keep it and hopefully am going to spend a bit of money over the winter getting the paintwork and engine lacquer tidied up. Not that I have any time to do it myself. Attached is a photo taken about a month ago when my partner and I got a rare weekend away to Scotland. We were staying in Aviemore and Dunblane but managed to do 750 miles in 3 days via Inverness and Skye (well, you can't go to Scotland and not do the A82 and A87!!). Hopefully many more trips in years to come...
Attachments
2012.jpg
2012.jpg (212.54 KiB) Viewed 2642 times
shedmonkey
APM

Re: Old faithful...

Post by shedmonkey »

Tidy it up! it looks well tidy already, unless your a crazed polisher like dizz in which case wear your fingers out.
Bit of a Muppet
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

:thumbsup: Lovely :toocool: that was what I was looking for when I started Raptor shopping

I've yet to get the key cover-y bit, that's next on my list :nod:
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
alraptor
On the Road

Post by alraptor »

Thanks. The rear footrest hangers are losing their paint & the engine lacquer is the worst. Maybe its more preservation than anything else! I'm not a polisher - not enough time in my life for chrome... It has only done about 17k miles which is disgraceful in 11 years... I need to get out more!
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

alraptor wrote:55 years ago-/- It has only done about 17k miles which is disgraceful in 11 years... I need to get out more!
you certainly do alraptor, she needs more excercise - that's cruelty to Raptors :snooty:
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>