clutch cable

Chat about anything
dave46
On the Road

clutch cable

Post by dave46 »

nice day met a couple of mates box hill just come off m25 clutch cable breakes bit of a problem but saved by nice man from the AA temp cable fitted now to look for new one might try venhills monday as not to far away
RaptorJo
On the Road

Re: clutch cable

Post by RaptorJo »

When you go will you ask them to save the design as they have told me on friday they don't have it for the raptor, even though I had one off them in 2008. I have an email for max, so I will email him aswell and hopefully between us we can get it put on there records what we need for the raptor. :D
Miz
On the Road

Post by Miz »

I think it must depend on who you talk to as I have had 2 cables made up, each time without sending in a sample. It might be worth another phone call.
152/999
RaptorJo
On the Road

Post by RaptorJo »

Thanks Miz, I have just ordered one off wemoto for a tl1000s for £16, so will report back with a link if it fits ok :D
RaptorJo
On the Road

Post by RaptorJo »

Bit late with reply...sorry been busy, bloody work spoiling all my fun!!! No it didn't fit, have emailed venhill again to see if I can jog anyone's memory there or if anyone has took one down recently.
Any other idea for replacement?
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

That's odd, the TL one fitted mine , although the solid tube is more bent than the Raptor original it still worked

otoh there is, sadly, a raptor being parted out and sold on e bay, they may have the part
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

now this is odd, I was sure there was a thread about clutch cables and

http://www.raptorchapter.org.uk/viewtop ... 1&start=15

here it is, and there owners are saying that the tl1000s cable fits, straightening out the solid sheath, or slight re-route of cable depending, but it can fit

equally, also on that thread, it appears that Venhill should hold the dimensions for Raptor clutch cables.
SnappY
RaptorJo
On the Road

Post by RaptorJo »

Thanks for info snap, it's bloody annoying but it was too short for mine which ever way we tried to route it. I have had one off venhill myself about 4years ago but they don't hold customers info after a while :angry:

Can anyone who has had one off them recently, pm me their real name so I can forward it to venhill so they can locate the cable they supplied....nothing is ever bloody easy with a raptor lol

Reference the TL1000s cable what year have folks had, I wonder if that makes a difference to the length?
Crap Tartan
On the Road
Location: Sitting in front of the screen in Portpatrick again

Post by Crap Tartan »

Maybe a stupid question but are the handlebars standard on your bike?

is the cable supplied the same length etc as the one you removed?
nil illigitimae carborundum
RaptorJo
On the Road

Post by RaptorJo »

To be fair I am beginning to wonder if they are standard now! It was shorter but we wondered if the one on had been stretched. In hindsight I wish I had just taken it off and sent it away while it snowed!!!
Crap Tartan
On the Road
Location: Sitting in front of the screen in Portpatrick again

Post by Crap Tartan »

Hmmm, if you had non-standard bars and the previous cable was a longer one to suit your set-up then that explains why the new one doesnt fit!
Are you defo running the cable up inside the frame, under the airbox coming out of the frame at the front open "triangle" and between the yokes and the LH fork leg?

How much shorter is the new cable?
nil illigitimae carborundum
RaptorJo
On the Road

Post by RaptorJo »

CT, the TL one I bought, I sent back for refund, so just starting again. I am fairly certain the last one I replaced was the original one and that's what they copied last time.
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

RaptorJo wrote:55 years ago
-/-
Reference the TL1000s cable what year have folks had, I wonder if that makes a difference to the length?
I seem to remember ordering a 1998 as I understood that was the year the Rap engine came from
SnappY
dave46
On the Road

Post by dave46 »

tim at venhills repaired my old cable andmade a new one only the new one hasnt the metal bend at the lever end both fit