rubber boots!!!!!

Technical stuff specific to the Raptor 1000
yeah!
On the Road

rubber boots!!!!!

Post by yeah! »

Howdi....

4 and 6 degrees these mornings and cold riding to work....in perth, western australia...

The rubber boot on my radiator fan switch ( bottom right side of radiator whilst sitting on it ) is almost totally rooted and covered in electrical tape , because my cagiva parts guy has no listing for it. Neither do O.E.M.Motorparts.com. There's connections under it so it is needed.

I looked at the Vraptor parts list and no joy...

It looks like it was on from the factory build but does anyone know from where I can get one??

Thanks for all your tips ...

yeah!
Spyke
On the Road

Re: rubber boots!!!!!

Post by Spyke »

Hi yeah!, I'm in Perth too! I can't help with your rubber boot, but I have noticed that Autopro Innaloo have recently started selling Plastidip - see http://www.plastidip.net.au/plasti-dip, it's a spray on plastic coating that can be picked off again when you tire of it, that may help solve your problem with keeping your electrics sealed?
Road racing's where it's at - going round in circles all day is for hamsters.
yeah!
On the Road

Post by yeah! »

Thanks Spyke! I have a tin of red plasti dip but it's now gone hard.. Time to buy some more.
Spyke
On the Road

Post by Spyke »

You're welcome mate, black would probably look better anyway!

I was keen to try the stuff on something so I did a pair of el-cheapo mirrors and it worked as advertised - but I used the whole tin on two small mirrors so the stuff doesn't go very far! I had the mirrors hung up from fishing line on my pergola so perhaps the very minor draft blew lots away.

And I WILL try again with that photoshoot, once temps are relatively reliably reasonable!
Road racing's where it's at - going round in circles all day is for hamsters.
ozzraptor
On the Road

Post by ozzraptor »

Looks like that rubber piece is part of the wiring harness. I dont remember the sv as having that rubber piece.
yeah!
On the Road

Post by yeah! »

Hello all!

I used many layers of Plastidip, a paint on rubber product. A few months later it's gone rock hard ( probably the heat ) ....boo....

Yeah!
ozzraptor
On the Road

Post by ozzraptor »

Argh! That rubber boot as i said is part of the actual main wiring loom. I had a spare loom and stole one off that but they are not made to come off!
Miz
On the Road

Post by Miz »

yeah! wrote:55 years agoHowdi....

4 and 6 degrees these mornings and cold riding to work....in perth, western australia...

The rubber boot on my radiator fan switch ( bottom right side of radiator whilst sitting on it ) is almost totally rooted and covered in electrical tape , because my cagiva parts guy has no listing for it. Neither do O.E.M.Motorparts.com. There's connections under it so it is needed.

I looked at the Vraptor parts list and no joy...

It looks like it was on from the factory build but does anyone know from where I can get one??

Thanks for all your tips ...

yeah!
Hi,

PM me your address, I'll send you one of these

You will need to cut it and superglue it to get it over the plug.
152/999