Been caught speeding. Allegedly!

Chat about anything
VRaptorMark
On the Road

Been caught speeding. Allegedly!

Post by VRaptorMark »

Right bear with me here.
I was out for a ride last when I meet 3 blokes and tagged along with them. Riding through Melton Mowbray we saw a police are which did a u turn and followed us through MM. The car then pulled of onto a another road. The 3 other guys bolted straight away I stayed to the limit until out of the town. Once on the open road I too opened it up. As the road was twisty and there was lots of cars I was careful when overtaking unlike the others overtook on blind bends!! Anyhow after a few miles I was stuck behind a combine at which point the police car appeared again with flashing lights and pulled me. I got off my bike took my helmet off and waited by my bike. Cop got out of his car in a aggressive manor and asked you know why I've stopped you? No I said. You know how fast you were going? No I said. This seem to make him more aggressive. He then tapped the roof of this car and said its fitted with a tracker black box so could prove I had been driving at 100mph because that's the speed he had gone to catch me. The car wasn't fitted with a camera or radar or anything else just his tracker!! He filled in a ticket with a recorded speed of 100mph but when I asked if proved would I lose my licence he then amended it to 90, he also didn't enter anything in the location box.
Question is how can he prove how fast I was going as he had to do a u turn and pull back onto the main road and then catch me up??
He said I would be going to court. Would his thinking of using his car tracker stand up in court??
Need my licence to get to work!!
Confused.
Last edited by VRaptorMark on |October 5th, 2013|, 2:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
Better to burn out than just fade away!!
weirdo
On the Road

Re: Been caught speeding. Allegedly!

Post by weirdo »

Looks to me like he has no proof to prosecute you with, so he's trying to get you to admit it anyway. :naughty:
If ever a copper asks if you know how fast you were going, the answer is NOT that you don't know!! :doh: That just leaves a nice gap for him to fill in.
They have to prove your guilt or it's his word against yours.
No proof, no admission, no conviction.
To a Raptor....EVERYTHING else is just prey !!

WOOHOO!...TWINS!
Miz
On the Road

Post by Miz »

If the ticket has been filled out incorrectly then they cannot use it to prosecute you.

So, if the location has been left empty, I would get some advice from CAB or similar.
152/999
VRaptorMark
On the Road

Post by VRaptorMark »

weirdo wrote:55 years agoLooks to me like he has no proof to prosecute you with, so he's trying to get you to admit it anyway. :naughty:
If ever a copper asks if you know how fast you were going, the answer is NOT that you don't know!! :doh: That just leaves a nice gap for him to fill in.
They have to prove your guilt or it's his word against yours.
No proof, no admission, no conviction.
Weirdo when he said I was doing 100 I said no way was I going that fast. I never admitted anything. If or when I get a letter I will ask for the proof.
VRaptorMark
On the Road

Post by VRaptorMark »

Miz wrote:55 years agoIf the ticket has been filled out incorrectly then they cannot use it to prosecute you.

So, if the location has been left empty, I would get some advice from CAB or similar.
Thanks Miz will do.
norrie
On the Road

Post by norrie »

I was told by an ex copper that they shouldn't ask you why they stopped you or how fast you were going and if they do you should reply "You tell me"
I can't remember the reason you shouldn't say but I imagine it's got something to do with admitting guilt.
Norrie.

Lang may yer lum reek!
VRaptorMark
On the Road

Post by VRaptorMark »

Spoke to a couple of mate's of mine today first being a guy who is an area manager for a firm who build supply and fit trackers and know everything about trackers who started laughing and said the cop has no hope of his tracker info standing up in court and the other is a serving copper who said the cop who stopped me sounds like a incompetent idiot. Not filling out ticket correctly should see me ok as its evidence and cant be altered so no location no case. I can also discredit the cop by his aggressive attitude and threatening behaviour and his lack of abilities with paperwork so how can judge speeds. Also only 3 ways of determining speeds 1 2 cops in a car he was alone. 2 Speedmeters which he didn't have. 3 Distance time speed using correct equipment and following me at a steady distance with no cars inbetween which he didn't have or do.So I SHOULD ok but you never know. Already been in touch with a lawyer so just got to wait for a letter now.
It's the waiting that's the pain.
VRaptorMark
On the Road

Post by VRaptorMark »

norrie wrote:55 years agoI was told by an ex copper that they shouldn't ask you why they stopped you or how fast you were going and if they do you should reply "You tell me"
I can't remember the reason you shouldn't say but I imagine it's got something to do with admitting guilt.
Yeah that's what I did. Just seemed to get his back up.
Red Mist
On the Road

Post by Red Mist »

I'd say that you have absolutely nothing to worry about. Of course though, you can't help worrying when something like this is hanging over you. Hopefully this won't even make it to court. If it does, get a lawyer involved who is confident he can win the case.

I'm not legally trained, but there is no way that the police can get a prosecution on you unless they can state and prove exactly how fast you were going.

Incidentally, a few of us were out last weekend. We set off up the A65 towards Settle at about 8.00 am thinking that this would be too early for the speed cameras. One had been set up since 7.30 unfortunately and one of my mates got nabbed doing 68 mph. This is worrying - I always felt safe setting out a bit earlier.
VRaptorMark
On the Road

Post by VRaptorMark »

Red Mist wrote:55 years agoI'd say that you have absolutely nothing to worry about. Of course though, you can't help worrying when something like this is hanging over you. Hopefully this won't even make it to court. If it does, get a lawyer involved who is confident he can win the case.

I'm not legally trained, but there is no way that the police can get a prosecution on you unless they can state and prove exactly how fast you were going.

Incidentally, a few of us were out last weekend. We set off up the A65 towards Settle at about 8.00 am thinking that this would be too early for the speed cameras. One had been set up since 7.30 unfortunately and one of my mates got nabbed doing 68 mph. This is worrying - I always felt safe setting out a bit earlier.
I have spoke to a lawyer already he thinks like you. When I asked if he would defend me in court he couldn't get yes out of his mouth quick enough!!
VRaptorMark
On the Road

Post by VRaptorMark »

Well had a letter today from the Police today court 12th Aug!!!!!!!!
Copper recons he has a speedometer and a recorded speed of 100 to 106 mph in his car. If its his speedo thats his word against mine. :x If its his vehicle tracker he'a not allowed to use it :? . His statement reads I saw a motorbike accellerate quickly and I put my lights and siren on and followed him. Which is a blatant lie :shock: . I have witnesses to that he turned off the road before turning back on to it and then chasing me hence his speedometer is so high. I think this is gonna get messy and not in a good way. :( :(
VRaptorMark
On the Road

Post by VRaptorMark »

Got home and read the letter. Copper is now saying he followed me at a distance of 50 to 150 metres for 5 km's and my speed varied between 100 and 106 mph for 5 km's. That means I would of covered 5 km's in 1 minute 48 seconds and there's a 40 mph town in the middle as well!! God I hope this clown did have a tracker fitted in his car as he said!!! Also he is saying that I carried out a suicidal overtaking manoeuvre by overtaking a combine that was doing 10mph and I was doing 20mph. Off to a lawyer first thing in the morning. He is 1 bent lying copper................. :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:
norrie
On the Road

Post by norrie »

Be careful mate there out to get you I think. :(
Norrie.

Lang may yer lum reek!
VRaptorMark
On the Road

Post by VRaptorMark »

Think your right mate they are. I am going fight this though. I am going to ask for evidence of the speed and want to see calibration certs maintenance certs driver/operators quals and training and I also will be asking for a detailed report of the GPS tracker equipment fitted to the car as stated by the cop. I will also be asking for conformation that the equipment used is home office approved. This is going to cost me. Bang goes the new bike. :( :angry: :x
shebee
Site Admin
Facebook address thingy: facebook.com/shebee.duff

Post by shebee »

Bugger... do you have legal cover on the bike policy or home insurance?
Twisted Tequila Sister