indicator relay

General spannery stuff
Jayjayridge
On the Road

indicator relay

Post by Jayjayridge »

ok so i have my new indicators and they are led. i read somewhere on here that they need a different flasher relay. does anybody have an idea what to order and is it a direct plug in swap?
Spyke
On the Road

Re: indicator relay

Post by Spyke »

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/390689907864

Under your seat, on the left hand side (nearside) there's a single relay nearest the battery, with three relays in a line slightly further back. Swap the one nearest the battery for the Ebay one, and Robert's your mother's brother.
Road racing's where it's at - going round in circles all day is for hamsters.
Crap Tartan
On the Road
Location: Sitting in front of the screen in Portpatrick again

Post by Crap Tartan »

You may be ok with just a suitable relay but cant comment on the one listed as there is not enough info and the info in the listing is confusing. It may work ok, depends also on the new indicators you have.
It does seem a very cheap solution which makes me a little doubtful?
You may need ballast resistors instead of or in addition to the relay, depends on existing resistance of your selected indicators and wiring and the sensetivity of you existing or replacement relay.
At that price it may be worth a punt and see what happens.... .......
nil illigitimae carborundum
Pratz
On the Road

Post by Pratz »

I bought this for mine :

Merit Malta Part Number MT20-022123 (is CE approved 0 - to 30 watt) not cheap but is the oem manufacturer for merc, bimmers and others! So quality is present not some weird chinese junk!