What did you do to your Raptor today

General spannery stuff
Trevor68
Web Dude
Facebook address thingy: trevor.cannard.3

Post by Trevor68 »

Griffith NSW is not the ass end of nowhere, but you can see it from here! :upyours:
“Motorcycling is not, of itself, dangerous. It is however, extremely unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence, or stupidity.”
nickst4
On the Road

Post by nickst4 »

nickst4 wrote: 1 year ago And the missing pic...
Just as an addition to the above, I needed to re-route the throttle cables because they were much too tight as they were before, especially on full lock to the right. I've run them behind the headstock, bringing them out in front of the tank on the left. I felt it was worthwhile cutting a slot in the plastic cover to improve the smoothness of the run. Maybe not as neat as before, but everything now works perfectly, and my back appreciates the effort involved in raising the bars! Pictures for the benefit of Gino in Oz.

Nick
Attachments
Cables come out between frame rails
Cables come out between frame rails
General view
General view
Trevor68
Web Dude
Facebook address thingy: trevor.cannard.3

Post by Trevor68 »

Looks great, I would not have spotted the cutout unless you mentioned it.
“Motorcycling is not, of itself, dangerous. It is however, extremely unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence, or stupidity.”
andybaggies
On the Road

Post by andybaggies »

Well, I've finally got round to taking the rear Wilbers shock out and getting him refurbished. The bottom bush was showing signs of play and after at least 30k miles the damping fluid would probably be like puddle water and just as effective.

It'll be interesting to see if I notice a difference.
nickst4
On the Road

Post by nickst4 »

It probably ought to be posted elsewhere but having described fitting higher 'bars on my 1K here, I better add the follow-up in the same place.

I thought at the time that I'd managed to re-route the OEM cables and front brake lines satisfactorily to permit the fitting of 'bars approx 30mm higher. As described before, the throttle cables subsequently had to be routed quite differently to prevent revving-up when the 'bars were turned to the right.

This week, I was fitting the re-shod front wheel and was rather appalled to see how tight the brake pipes were on full fork extension. Bad news because of the risk of pulling the hoses out of the banjo ends, so I've now fitted longer custom-made HEL twin pipes instead of the 1-into-2 original. The left needed to be 93cm end-to-end and the right 80cm. Now they have a comfortable bend in them whatever load is on the forks.

Nick
Sheepracer
On the Road

Post by Sheepracer »

Rode mine !! 86 miles, damp roads but sun was out and trying hard to dry the tarmac. Couple of little wet slides but not enough to roll off !! Love having a Raptor back in the garage.