What did you do to your Raptor today

General spannery stuff
andybaggies
On the Road

Post by andybaggies »

I have just looked and I'm not entirely sure but I think the LHS adjuster moves the complete (internal) reflector laterally left or right in very small increments within the headlight glass/shroud.

If you look the plastic shroud above the knob has a curved arrow indicating L clockwise & R anticlockwise.
nickst4
On the Road

Post by nickst4 »

sidrat wrote: 1 year ago Looks good to me Nick, i am on my third pair of handelbars on mine!
I took the bike for its MOT test yesterday and the first thing my friendly tester did was to start the engine and then yank the 'bars left and right as a routine check. To my horror, the revs went sky-high! I thought I'd been able to route the throttle cables well enough to suit the higher 'bars, but maybe something had shifted since I rode it after doing the work. Bottom line is that I've had to route the cables behind the headstock instead of in front, easing the run by cutting a gap in the plastic trim around the ignition lock. Rather that than try to source longer cables or get new ones made up. I'm still glad I raised the 'bars, despite the fiddling-about necessary! :nod:

Nick
sidrat
On the Road

Post by sidrat »

nickst4 wrote: 1 year ago
sidrat wrote: 1 year ago Looks good to me Nick, i am on my third pair of handelbars on mine!
I took the bike for its MOT test yesterday and the first thing my friendly tester did was to start the engine and then yank the 'bars left and right as a routine check. To my horror, the revs went sky-high! I thought I'd been able to route the throttle cables well enough to suit the higher 'bars, but maybe something had shifted since I rode it after doing the work. Bottom line is that I've had to route the cables behind the headstock instead of in front, easing the run by cutting a gap in the plastic trim around the ignition lock. Rather that than try to source longer cables or get new ones made up. I'm still glad I raised the 'bars, despite the fiddling-about necessary! :nod:

Nick
Venhill are your friends for longer cables, they even sell ones you can modify yourself
Roadsters are me!
nickst4
On the Road

Post by nickst4 »

Yes, Venhills have a good reputation, but I managed to get a much smoother run for the twin throttle cables without going for new ones.

Nick
Trevor68
Web Dude
Facebook address thingy: trevor.cannard.3

Post by Trevor68 »

Transferred my ACT rego back to NSW.
Attachments
20220719_152107.jpg
“Motorcycling is not, of itself, dangerous. It is however, extremely unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence, or stupidity.”
sidrat
On the Road

Post by sidrat »

Wish me luck, MOT tomorrow!

Anyone going to the Buell/Italian bike night in Linconshire in August?
Roadsters are me!
nickst4
On the Road

Post by nickst4 »

I've seen reference to this Buell/Italian tie-up before, but never understood the connection between Buells, with their antiquated engines, and the average sophisticated Italian machine. Maybe Guzzis are closest to Buell, but even they are relatively-smooth. I rode a Buell Ulysses once which had rubber engine mounts but at tickover the vibration severely compromised vision! I can see how Buell riders would want to distance themselves from the Harley mob, and at least there's commonality with the vee-twin concept. Does anyone know the history of the relationship?

Nick
HiFi
On the Road

Post by HiFi »

Why are all the shows and meets 'oop North' where are all the West country Cagivas :D
Trevor68
Web Dude

Post by Trevor68 »

Harley owned MV Agusta for a bit.
“Motorcycling is not, of itself, dangerous. It is however, extremely unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence, or stupidity.”
Limasenar
On the Road

Post by Limasenar »

Took her on some downtime to work on a few stuffs:

1. Complete rearsets & exhaust brackets, handlebar + top clamp, mirrors, and brake pedal taken for vapor blast rejuvenation - so fresh and so clean!
294651417_558904602540797_2670386871294693177_n.jpg
294651417_558904602540797_2670386871294693177_n.jpg (24.23 KiB) Viewed 5668 times
294589558_818740206166437_3282549270331885798_n.jpg
294589558_818740206166437_3282549270331885798_n.jpg (15.93 KiB) Viewed 5668 times

2. Next will be chain + sprockets (Triumph Speed Triple specs) and chain guide replacements

3. Both Battlax SR20s will be decommissioned in exchange for either A41s, BT-023, or T32s

Cheers from Jakarta!
"Consistency is the key."

- ZNA
sidrat
On the Road

Post by sidrat »

HiFi wrote: 1 year ago Why are all the shows and meets 'oop North' where are all the West country Cagivas :D
Is that an invitation?
Roadsters are me!
sidrat
On the Road

Post by sidrat »

nickst4 wrote: 1 year ago I've seen reference to this Buell/Italian tie-up before, but never understood the connection between Buells, with their antiquated engines, and the average sophisticated Italian machine. Maybe Guzzis are closest to Buell, but even they are relatively-smooth. I rode a Buell Ulysses once which had rubber engine mounts but at tickover the vibration severely compromised vision! I can see how Buell riders would want to distance themselves from the Harley mob, and at least there's commonality with the vee-twin concept. Does anyone know the history of the relationship?

Nick
I think originally, it was a joint meeting between the Italian Motorcycle Club and Buell, a sort of V-Twin meeting, The ITalian Motorcycle club are now defunct, apart from a Lincolnshire branch on Social Media (happy to be corrected on this) and its just continued from there.
Roadsters are me!
nickst4
On the Road

Post by nickst4 »

I had a feeling the Italian Motorcycle Owners Club were behind this meeting. I even belonged to IMOC when I had a Guzzi V50 and found my lovely Cagiva Alazzurra in their mag. It was news to me that a 'sensible' Ducati Pantah was ever made, and my interest in owning Ducatis and especially Cagivas started from there.

Anyway, :focus:

Nick
Trevor68
Web Dude

Post by Trevor68 »

Went for a small blat around town today :dance:
Attachments
20220724_162201.jpg
nickst4
On the Road

Post by nickst4 »

Too many buildings around there for my tastes. Loads of traffic too, I shouldn't wonder. :wink: