Oh damn and blast it, Ventura broke

Chat about anything
snapdragon

Oh damn and blast it, Ventura broke

Post by snapdragon »

Ten days of riding Britain's wonderful ( :roll: tic) roads, visiting with some wonderful folks :thumbsup: . Riding through scenery from the north Pennine moors to Kentish farmland and Sussex downs - or ups , with camping gear and other gubbins attached by various means I nipped to the garage today to top up fuel and Lo and behold when removing the cover the Ventura L bracket is snapped just behind the rear mount :shock: The luggage was safe and didn't move about travelling so how come the thing has snapped itself while sitting under the rain cover in the blasted front garden FFS !!!!!!!
I guess I'll be shopping for replacement parts or a different system - humph :x
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
dizzyblonde
On the Road

Re: Oh damn and blast it, Ventura broke

Post by dizzyblonde »

Contagious. The SV rack did the same at East Kirkby. Rusted through!
Have it welded? Or a metal fashioner Make a new one?
Yellow 2001 SV650s,2002 VRaptor
Your Rapter looks like a sci fi robot dragon! and it breaths fire too! It singed my eye brows and boiled my eyes at the lights! smudge
snapdragon

Re: Oh damn and blast it, Ventura broke

Post by snapdragon »

dizzyblonde wrote:55 years agoContagious. The SV rack did the same at East Kirkby. Rusted through!
Have it welded? Or a metal fashioner Make a new one?
Yes Dizz, local bike mechanics tell me they'll weld it up for me - when I take the new sidestand switch, (did I mention the sidestand switch stranded me?) ordered from that €bay thang a used item and they'll do the replacing of it when it arrives, and mending of the rack.
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>