ON/OFF effect and issue changing gear

Technical stuff specific to the V and Xtra raptors
Pomegranate
On the Road

Re: ON/OFF effect and issue changing gear

Post by Pomegranate »

So my bike ran fine and then slowly developed this fault. I ended up tracing it down to the clutch switch itself, which as the plastic tip of switch wears away against the lever, it changes the point of engagement, and becomes prone to flickering like a poor electric connection at certain revs. Which is probably why some bikes don't have a problem and others do.

Replacing it solved the issue. But over time it turned up again.

I finally bypassed the switch fully using a relay activated from the starter button to activate the clutch switch as per a post I found on a TL page by a D'Ecosse.
https://www.tlzone.net/forums/suzuki-tl ... ics/115271
Effectively no more flickering between maps but gives the slightly richer fueling while firing up. Seems to work properly.

Although after testing, I've noticed that there is a 3k glitch at certain temps that I wasn't aware of, probably masked by the general twitchiness. I feel a black box coming up...
shebee
Site Admin
Facebook address thingy: facebook.com/shebee.duff

Post by shebee »

Thanks for the link,,, good helpful stuff :thumbsup:
Twisted Tequila Sister
Trevor68
Web Dude
Facebook address thingy: trevor.cannard.3

Post by Trevor68 »

Interesting, mucking about with clutch levers recently has made me realise my switch has been "bypassed".

Given I cannot detect any real problems and it starts fine I'm hoping it was done properly. :|
“Motorcycling is not, of itself, dangerous. It is however, extremely unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence, or stupidity.”