Mirrors

Technical stuff specific to the V and Xtra raptors
Dapper dan2
On the Road

Mirrors

Post by Dapper dan2 »

Just fitted a great little pair of bar end mirrors....carbon effect..from eBay £9.99....ryde carbon universal mirror.
Will post a piccy tomorrow....so look much better than standard..got tired of checking out my shoulders! :lol:
nickst4
On the Road

Re: Mirrors

Post by nickst4 »

And I'd heard you have such nice shoulders too! :nod:

Bar-end mirrors are great for reducing that 'horny' look of most bikes, and I fitted them to my Alazzurra which definitely needed less clutter upfront. The downside is that they take my attention too far away from the straight-ahead for comfort, so snatched looks are vital. Mine vibrate more too. Hopefully, you'll get on better with yours. After all, with Raptor power, anything behind you is going to stay there! :evil: :lol:

Nick
Dapper dan2
On the Road

Post by Dapper dan2 »

Standard mirrors are ridiculous..how any can see anything amazes me......what was the point of putting them on???
Won't be long before all helmets have H.U.D. and a camera in the back of the bike/helmet.....then I can just use the mirror to put on lipstick if I ever decide to become a tranny!.....
Now that I've thought about if for the first time I'm off to try on the wife's best party dress! :bollocking:
nickst4
On the Road

Post by nickst4 »

I don't want to pour cold water on what might be a whole new interest for you Dannie-Boy :P , but an alternative to watching your shoulder-pads is to source mirrors on longer stalks (not cool...) or buy some of those little right-angle extender brackets that lift-and-spread your current attachments. I certainly found them useful on my 750 Monster, though the rest of the bikes don't need them. One of the few advantages of not being chunky is that I can usually see enough of what's behind me!

Nick (definitely a bloke, but very fond of the genuine alternative! :nod: )
Dapper dan2
On the Road

Post by Dapper dan2 »

😀