Rear Axle Nut

Technical stuff specific to the Raptor 1000
Trevor68
Web Dude
Facebook address thingy: trevor.cannard.3

Rear Axle Nut

Post by Trevor68 »

The rear axle nut on my 1K was a bit rounded when I bought it, and now my 28mm socket is starting to slip. Are these available anywhere, or is it something I need to get made?
“Motorcycling is not, of itself, dangerous. It is however, extremely unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence, or stupidity.”
Aussiejoe
On the Road

Re: Rear Axle Nut

Post by Aussiejoe »

Just take the axle in to a nut and bolt shop and see if they have a nut that fits, or try Parramatta MV Agusta, they have them listed on their website, but it doesn't necessarily mean they will have one. I have got parts for my Navigator from them. http://shop.mvap.com.au/part/mv-agusta/800095003#top
Boofhead
On the Road

Post by Boofhead »

Hi mate,

if you can't find a genuine nut, maybe an RSV1000 nut might fit.
When an Aprilia rear end swap is done, the bearings in the Cagiva wheel/hub are still Cagiva which means the axles are the same diameter.
If the thread pitch is the same you might have a chance.
It's worth a try.
Or, measure the pitch and diameter, then do some research as there would have to be another bike out there with same size nut. It would be a standard metric size.

Good luck
Trevor68
Web Dude
Facebook address thingy: trevor.cannard.3

Post by Trevor68 »

Cool, I will take the axle into Specialty Fasteners one day and see what they have, they have not let me down yet. :mrgreen:
“Motorcycling is not, of itself, dangerous. It is however, extremely unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence, or stupidity.”