Cheap RAPTOR 1000 for sale!

Buy or sell it here.
Please note that due to abuse by commercial traders and spammers/trolls New members of the chapter are unable to post in this section until they have made 5 posts elsewhere.... sorry ... see you in the Bar?
slix2110
On the Road
Facebook address thingy: sussex hydrografix

Cheap RAPTOR 1000 for sale!

Post by slix2110 »

Hi folks, Does anyone on here want my 2001 Rap 1000 I have owned and used and enjoyed almost daily since 2012? Before I ebay it. A couple of years ago I lost my garage so the old girl has been out in all weathers since then. Good points: Engine still strong and pulls like a train. Hagon rear shock done about 1000 miles, V-Force stainless end cans and link pipes (removeable baffles), LED spotlamps to help the twin Dominator units I put on. Adjustable levers, tyres are fine. New reg/rec, recent battery
Not so good points: Somewhat scruffy, some corrosion, back brake disc too rusty for MOT (Brand new disc comes with bike but not fitted as I can't get the bolts out of the old one) Rear caliper rebuilt with stainless pistons but back brake drags so could need master cylinder, --its only the back brake which is likely to fail on MOT. Seat needs recovering, some oil leaking from clutch cover.
I have been out of work sick for a year so it hasn't been used much recently but now I have a job working for the ONS to do with covid testing and survey stuff for which I need a car urgently (no work=no money!) Also, in my increasing years I need something easier to ride in the spring!
I can't manage to upload the pics I took today (can't reduce them down small enough) but if you email me I will happily send pics to you.
Its an ideal winter/lockdown project which still runs and rides fine. First £850 or very close gets it. Mileage about 55k. MOT only ran out about 4 weeks ago so may be covered by government extension. Bike is just sitting doing nothing so needs to go asap. Took it for 50 mile ride Thursday & got caught in downpour so now looks even dirtier!
All the best Steve Ellis (steve.slix@gmail.com 07846335047) Eastbourne, East Sussex
Craigfell
On the Road

Re: Cheap RAPTOR 1000 for sale!

Post by Craigfell »

Bargain, You won't have any trouble shifting that. I had 25+ Messages in the first 48 hours when i listed my half done one

I'd list it for more though, you will get people trying to chip you down.

Good luck with the sale.
slix2110
On the Road
Facebook address thingy: sussex hydrografix

Post by slix2110 »

Must be something I said!
No enquiries yet, so on Sunday, my day off, i'll pop it on ebay and/or Gumtree & see what happens..... Steve
Sheepracer
On the Road

Post by Sheepracer »

Hi Steve,

This gone yet?

Need another in my life- worst move selling my old one!!
Sheepracer
On the Road

Post by Sheepracer »

email is chrishayesadams@live.co.uk for pics etc - thank you