5 posts needed!

Chat about anything
ctrr
On the Road

5 posts needed!

Post by ctrr »

I've been a member here for just over 2-1/2 years (7 months after I purchased my Raptor 1000) and I've found this site a great source for technical info alongside the factory manual.
I'm now selling my bike and thought a good place to do that will be here in the 'classifieds' section.
I didn't realise however that I first need to have 5 posts before I can do that!
Hopefully, if I get a few replies and respond, my post count will get to 5 and I'll be able to post details of my sale in the classifieds section soon, thanks.
HiFi
On the Road

Re: 5 posts needed!

Post by HiFi »

Interesting problem :D I suppose you could just keep posting to this thread, don't suppose you need to wait for replies particularly!
ctrr
On the Road

Post by ctrr »

Thanks...yes was thinking similar...am looking for other posts to reply to!
ctrr
On the Road

Post by ctrr »

Appreciate the suggestion :)
Trevor68
Web Dude
Facebook address thingy: trevor.cannard.3

Post by Trevor68 »

Spammer!!! :naughty:
“Motorcycling is not, of itself, dangerous. It is however, extremely unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence, or stupidity.”
ctrr
On the Road

Post by ctrr »

Trevor68 wrote: 2 years ago Spammer!!! :naughty:
What's the ill-informed comment in aid of? ...bad day at the beach?

I joined this forum before you and like many people, have used it solely to source info that I've needed for my bike.
I'm at a point now where I'm selling and thought I'd list it here so people who may want one of these bikes can see it's for sale.
I wasn't aware until I attempted to put it in the classifieds that I needed to make 5 posts before I could do this.
Member HiFi kindly suggested a logical thing to do in order for me to be able to do just that.
My advert is now live, with thanks to him.
If this had been someone else wishing to place an advert in the same predicament as myself, I personally would have tried to help them too and probably also would have added a comment such as 'good luck with your sale'
shebee
Site Admin
Facebook address thingy: facebook.com/shebee.duff

Post by shebee »

With my admin hat on here... the reason for the 5 posts rule is that we had a flurry of people coming onto the site purely to sell stuff and then never be seen again. This site was imagined as a place for raptor based social and technical interaction and not a free ebay. I pay the bills to run this site for free and have done for 20 odd years and didn’t need the hassle of trolls and freeloaders. The theory was that if someone could be arsed to post 5 times then they were welcome. Without people posting there is no point in having it and I suspect (hope) that trevor’s comment was meant as tongue in cheek.

Hope your item sells ctrr and is of use to another raptor owner.

The sun is shining lets all get out there and ride! :ride:
Twisted Tequila Sister
ctrr
On the Road

Post by ctrr »

Cheers shebee. I completely understand why you have this rule in place and it makes total sense...did catch me out though when I went to post my advert!
Thanks also for your time, money and effort in operating this site...I've used it many times over the last few years to cross reference technical info and now to freely advertise my bike sale.
No takers yet though :?
Trevor68
Web Dude
Facebook address thingy: trevor.cannard.3

Post by Trevor68 »

Whoops, just another example of how humour doesn't work in a written environment I guess.
Apologies to anyone who thought I meant it. :?
“Motorcycling is not, of itself, dangerous. It is however, extremely unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence, or stupidity.”