We are moving! Site downtime.

Chat about anything
shebee
Site Admin
Facebook address thingy: facebook.com/shebee.duff

We are moving! Site downtime.

Post by shebee »

Ladies and gentlemen…

As discussed elsewhere this now site has new management. Trevor68 will be your new landlord going forward and I wish him all the best!

In order to complete this transition the site will be down from 6pm GMT Wed 5th Jan for at least 6hrs, and the site will go completely blank for at least part of that period. Hopefully there won’t be any niggles in the transfer but please bear with us if anything goes awry and it will get sorted.

It has been a privilege to be able to provide this site for the the last 20 ish years and I have met some great people.

Thanks again to Abssorb for his hosting expertise and patience over the years and to Trevor for taking it on and keeping it alive.

I will pop in occasionally so you haven’t got rid of me completely !

Sheb xx :revrev: :revrev:
Twisted Tequila Sister
Trevor68
Web Dude
Facebook address thingy: trevor.cannard.3

Re: We are moving! Site downtime.

Post by Trevor68 »

Welcome to Downunder peeps, forecast for Sydney is HOT! :nerner:
“Motorcycling is not, of itself, dangerous. It is however, extremely unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence, or stupidity.”
sidrat
On the Road

Post by sidrat »

Trevor, that is fantastic news, :thumbsup: but i can see a problem! :shock:
20220106_102437.jpg
Roadsters are me!
Trevor68
Web Dude

Post by Trevor68 »

I dunno, the wallpaper looks pretty sweet. :thumbsup:
“Motorcycling is not, of itself, dangerous. It is however, extremely unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence, or stupidity.”
shebee
Site Admin
Facebook address thingy: facebook.com/shebee.duff

Post by shebee »

sidrat wrote: 2 years ago Trevor, that is fantastic news, :thumbsup: but i can see a problem! :shock:
Brilliant! :thumbsup:
Twisted Tequila Sister
nickst4
On the Road

Post by nickst4 »

Oooo, I was getting worried there cos a minute ago the site was warning me off. Let's set the Raptorchapter on fire again courtesy of our new CEO!

Cheers to Trevor,

Nick
Trevor68
Web Dude

Post by Trevor68 »

Shucks naw, cheers to Shebee for running the joint so long, and to our silent admin Abssorb for making the transfer easy. :toocool:
nickst4
On the Road

Post by nickst4 »

Every other time I go onto the site via the same link I get Do Not Use, but not this time! Is there another web address I should be using? Or will it sort itself out?

Nick
sidrat
On the Road

Post by sidrat »

nickst4 wrote: 2 years ago Every other time I go onto the site via the same link I get Do Not Use, but not this time! Is there another web address I should be using? Or will it sort itself out?

Nick
Nick

Are you using org.uk?
Roadsters are me!
nickst4
On the Road

Post by nickst4 »

Yes. .org.uk is where I go. Is that wrong? Until Shebee mentioned it, I didn't know that there were other addresses.

Nick
Trevor68
Web Dude

Post by Trevor68 »

It took me a little while to sort out the SSL certificate for the site, initially I got the do not proceed warning myself, but it seems fine here now. I would try clearing your browser cache, or try another browser, I,m writing this from Chrome on my android phone and it didn't complain
nickst4
On the Road

Post by nickst4 »

Chrome user here too, on an ASUS chromebook.
Earlier today I posted on the Do Not Use site and although the post appeared, it seems those pearls of wisdom (not) have been lost in the ether, or wherever the internet operates. Not to worry; I'll keep trying!

Nick
Trevor68
Web Dude

Post by Trevor68 »

Ah sorry, I have misunderstood what your talking about totally! I thought you were getting the usual "get me out of here" warnings when a sites SSL certificate is invalid, which did happen to me too initially.

If you see DO NOT USE written across the top of the site, you are actually seeing the old site on the old host.

Maybe a bit of dodgy DNS going on still perhaps.

If you were to run this command in a CMD window will probably help. ipconfig /flushdns

Just to be clearer, the "old" site can still be reached at this address, where you will no doubt see your missing post. http://raptorchapter.abssorb.net/
nickst4
On the Road

Post by nickst4 »

Thanks Trevor,

Without getting into technical stuff I wot not of, I'm being directed to the right place automatically now so all seems well.

I hope you are out and about, enjoying your Raptor? Cold, wet and mucky in my bit of Blighty at the moment, and the imminent threat of the demon salt on the roads too, so all I can do is admire mine and give it a fondle, in between working on more needy bikes. :D

Nick
Trevor68
Web Dude

Post by Trevor68 »

Sadly no, the Raptor needs tyres and I had other sadder duties yesterday, as a friend passed away a few weeks back.
I rode a VFR750 for many years, and the ozvfr crew are very tight, so our christmas was a bit shattered.
In fact it is myself and said vfr leading in this video we made as a tribute to Roy.

In happier news I plan to fit some shiny new Rosso 4's next weekend, and am taking the Raptor to the very last Snowy Ride in March, a charity event that I have been attending since 2001.

https://stevenwalterfoundation.org.au/c ... nowy-ride/

Great to know DNS has settled down, it does take 24 hours to sort itself usually, and can cache in browsers for much longer.