Headlight MOT Failure

Technical stuff specific to the V and Xtra raptors
Trevor68
Web Dude
Facebook address thingy: trevor.cannard.3

Headlight MOT Failure

Post by Trevor68 »

Bummer, only 30 years downunder, so mine has only 9 to go. :dance:
“Motorcycling is not, of itself, dangerous. It is however, extremely unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence, or stupidity.”
andybaggies
On the Road

Headlight MOT Failure

Post by andybaggies »

Sidrat, check to see that the bulb is mounted correctly in the headlight. I had a similar failure on mine and this was the reason... - it's right old pain to do mind cus you have to pretty much dismantle the complete front end fairing etc to get at it.

Not sure it you have realised but there is and adjustment wheel for the headlight reachable without dismantling - somewhere on the RHS under the fairing.

Andy B
sidrat
On the Road

Headlight MOT Failure

Post by sidrat »

andybaggies wrote: 2 years ago Sidrat, check to see that the bulb is mounted correctly in the headlight. I had a similar failure on mine and this was the reason... - it's right old pain to do mind cus you have to pretty much dismantle the complete front end fairing etc to get at it.

Not sure it you have realised but there is and adjustment wheel for the headlight reachable without dismantling - somewhere on the RHS under the fairing.

Andy B
Thanks Andy, not even looked at it since i posted and then received the lovely replacement that Nick sent me. I have been too busy in the garage rebuilding and repairing the track day bike, putting together the race bike for 1st April and i also have a new chain for the Shiver when the weather picks up. The only think that has happened to the Raptor is the odd peak under the cover to make sure it still looks as good as i remember! MOT is not due until July so by then i will have been riding it for a while and can get it fixed before it fails.
I am intrigued by the adjuster i will take a look next time i peek under the cover, cheers! :thumbsup:
Roadsters are me!
andybaggies
On the Road

Headlight MOT Failure

Post by andybaggies »

And I definitely haven't remembered correctly because there are two gert big grey adjustment wheels.

The one on the LHS is for left/right & the one on the RHS is for up/down.

Andy B