Spring is on the way

Chat about anything
sidrat
On the Road

Spring is on the way

Post by sidrat »

First day this year i have ridden to work!!!

Yes i know there are some hardy soles who do it all year around, and i used to be one, but no more, however with some heated gloves that offset the 4 degree start this morning and the fact that it is light at both end of the day when i travel persuaded me to :revrev:

Sorry it wasn't the v-raptor, that won't come out of hiding until next month.

20220309_120838.jpg
Roadsters are me!
nickst4
On the Road

Spring is on the way

Post by nickst4 »

Well done, Sidrat/Keith! I'm saving most of the bikes until April, when they'll all get at least 6 months of tax put on them. The Canyon is taxed and gets me out when the weather is decent, so I won't forget how to ride. The Raptor will be Something Else!

Nick
Trevor68
Web Dude
Facebook address thingy: trevor.cannard.3

Spring is on the way

Post by Trevor68 »

9 days until I put another few thousand Klm's on the rappy. It goes to work regularly tuesdays and wednesdays though. Only 62000 on the clock so technically still a youngun. :goodpost:
“Motorcycling is not, of itself, dangerous. It is however, extremely unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence, or stupidity.”
sidrat
On the Road

Spring is on the way

Post by sidrat »

Trevor68 wrote: 2 years ago 9 days until I put another few thousand Klm's on the rappy. It goes to work regularly tuesdays and wednesdays though. Only 62000 on the clock so technically still a youngun. :goodpost:
That is a decent mileage on the bike, i have only had two bikes with more than that, bikes do tend to run and run (excluding 2 strokes!) I did 8k miles on the Aprilia in its first year, despite it being at the dealer for 9 weeks, so i am expecting it to do 50k miles or more before being replaced.

There is nothing better than putting miles or kilometres on the bike, i never understand those people who worry about higher mileage
Roadsters are me!
Trevor68
Web Dude
Facebook address thingy: trevor.cannard.3

Spring is on the way

Post by Trevor68 »

Same, I sold my VFR with 285,000K's on it to a mate, it is still going strong. Another mate still has his, with closer to 400,000 on it.
“Motorcycling is not, of itself, dangerous. It is however, extremely unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence, or stupidity.”
nickst4
On the Road

Spring is on the way

Post by nickst4 »

Those Aussie 'mileages' are a bit scary!

I don't know if it is true for all relatively-modern bikes, but the Ducatis from 2000 were reckoned not to be run in before 25,000 miles, given they hadn't been abused by unsympathetic types. That was certainly true for my faithful ST4 which now approaches 40K miles, all but 3K put on by me. Not that that bike gets so much riding since the multiple-bike-syndrome took over my life!

Nick
sidrat
On the Road

Spring is on the way

Post by sidrat »

Nick i had an st2 and an st4s, obviously missed out on the st4.

I will have to dig out a photo of the ST2. Here is the ST4s in France on the way to Italy, with my old reg place (it went with the divorce!) Came home two up on that holiday after my mates Aprilia broke down. 1154 miles in a day :shock: :shock: 130mph everywhere, fantastic bike. When i got home and started it up the next day it had run the main bearings, luckily it was still under warranty, i bought something else instead.
image_2022-03-14_141615.png
image_2022-03-14_141615.png (553.31 KiB) Viewed 1584 times
Roadsters are me!
andybaggies
On the Road

Spring is on the way

Post by andybaggies »

Yes i know there are some hardy soles who do it all year around,
I do say I ride all year round but now, after covid, we can work from home or go into the office so I can pick the (dry) days I want to go in. I used to commute in all weathers, bar snow & high winds, and with good kit (see other thread) it's perfectly doable. I also found it improved my riding and gave much more confidence in the bike/tyres/brakes etc.

The engine has now done nigh on 70k miles and is still strong, although I ride the torque now with just the occasional err... happy throttle moment. It does, however not look it's best with dirt & salt damage a plenty. Whihc reminds me, it'll be needing a oil change & valve check soon.