1000 project bike for sale - gone to a good home

Buy or sell it here.
Please note that due to abuse by commercial traders and spammers/trolls New members of the chapter are unable to post in this section until they have made 5 posts elsewhere.... sorry ... see you in the Bar?
JimBo
On the Road

1000 project bike for sale - gone to a good home

Post by JimBo »

Hi everyone, long time no post!
Due to my advancing years and general disenchantment with motorcycling I have decided to dispose of my bikes and associated kit! I have a Raptor 1000 (not V) that hasn't been ridden, or even touched, for about 5 years, that I was riding but then purchased a Kawasaki 1400 so the poor thing has been ignored. I started to refurbish it but other things got in the way! It will need a bit of work to get roadworthy, but certainly not beyond someone reasonably competent with their tools. A nice little project?
The tyres are obviously perished but the wheels and footrest/exhaust hangers were powder coated black while it was "resting", and the tank is beyond it's best. I cannot find the original exhausts at the moment but if I find them they will be included.
20220420_142204.jpg
20220420_142211.jpg
20220420_142222.jpg
Please note; the Nitron shock shown in the photos will be replaced by the standard shock before the sale.

I have absolutely no idea on price so, and I hope this isn't too mercenary, have decided to sell to whoever (if anyone) comes up with the best offer! Collection from near Orpington is best, but the buyer will be responsible for whatever mode of transport is required.

If you are interested please post your offer here. I will leave it open until midday (UK time!) on Sunday 26 February.
Thanks
Jim
Last edited by JimBo on |March 12th, 2023|, 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
So many motorcycles, so little money!
nickst4
On the Road

1000 project bike for sale

Post by nickst4 »

Well, advancing age is inevitable but it's sad that you've become disenchanted with motorcycling. Maybe your local roads are in as bad condition as mine? Or is there just too much traffic on the roads in Kent for fun riding?
Whatever, I hope you can shift some of your stuff on to good homes.
Cheers,
Nick
JimBo
On the Road

Post by JimBo »

Thanks Nick.
Yeah, shocking condition of the roads and the volume of traffic haven't helped.
Still some good motorcycling to be had round here, but only early morning and midweek evenings. I'll prbably miss it and come back on here for a Rap! :whistle:
Sheepracer
On the Road

Post by Sheepracer »

What kind of mileage is on the bike? I’d like a little project to keep my V rap tip top. It’ll need stripping down to the frame and full rebuild as it’s been off road so long. What kind of price were you expecting? I’d happily offer £500, as new tyres, c+s, fork rebuild, suspension rebuild is £1500 before I look at the engine.
JimBo
On the Road

Post by JimBo »

Sheepracer wrote: 1 year ago What kind of mileage is on the bike?
I'll have a look at the last MoT (which is somewhere) and post up here.
Might have been an idea to do it in the first place! :oops:
JimBo
On the Road

Post by JimBo »

Sheepracer wrote: 1 year ago What kind of mileage is on the bike?
Hi SR. I still cannot find the paperwork (I will), but online shows the last MoT was carried out in July 2013 and the mileage was 22570, so total mileage won't be over about 24000.
That MoT ran out in 2014 so the bike has been off the road for 9 years, not 5! Sorry.
Sheepracer
On the Road

Post by Sheepracer »

Cheers jim80, Very interested in it as it stands. Let me know.

Chris
pmogs
On the Road

Post by pmogs »

Hi , would be possibly up for this as a project , depending on the price . :thumbsup:
JimBo
On the Road

Post by JimBo »

I'm pleased to say I have found the registration document so all in order there. The bike is currently SORN.
I'm still looking for the original exhausts but I have so much cr*p in the garage I may be some time! :oops: Or maybe they are in the loft, which is also full of cr*p. My children are going to have a great time clearing it all when I pop my clogs. :evil:
JimBo
On the Road

Post by JimBo »

pmogs wrote: 1 year ago Hi , would be possibly up for this as a project , depending on the price . :thumbsup:
Thanks for your interest pmogs. Keep an eye on the post and see if others other than Sheepracer are interested . As stated in the original post I will accept the best offer posted before midday on Sunday 26 February.
JimBo
On the Road

Post by JimBo »

This "auction" finishes at midday (UK) tomorrow.