On the Road

Wiring diagram

Post by wdavie »

Hi does anyone have a colour wiring diagram for the 1000 Raptor. Thanks
HiFi
On the Road

Wiring diagram

Post by HiFi »

My google drive has the rappy 1000 manual, the wiring diagram is on page G3 but it isn't colour though.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... share_link
swm
On the Road

Wiring diagram

Post by swm »

This may be of use, but be aware that I CANNOT GUARANTEE ITS CORRECTNESS.
Ciao
Attachments
Diagram01.png
swm
On the Road

Wiring diagram

Post by swm »

Is there a particular part of the wiring you are having a problem with?
Ciao
wdavie
On the Road

Wiring diagram

Post by wdavie »

Yes I can’t get my fuel pump to prime, I have tested the pump itself and that appears to work fine but when I put it back on bike it doesn’t work. Thanks
andybaggies
On the Road

Wiring diagram

Post by andybaggies »

wdavie wrote: 1 year ago Yes I can’t get my fuel pump to prime, I have tested the pump itself and that appears to work fine but when I put it back on bike it doesn’t work. Thanks
Fuel pump relay would be the obvious place to go to next - not sure if it has it's own fuse though.

Can a pump work fine when it doesn't need to pressurise a system but fails when it does have to pressurise a system i.e. on the bike?
swm
On the Road

Wiring diagram

Post by swm »

From the diagram attached, it looks like the Fuel Pump Relay, passes a supply from the battery -through the Tip-Over-Sensor (Tilt switch below ignition switch - pic attached), then through a 10A fuse, through the relay contacts (When activated) and onto the fuel pump.
I take it you can here the pump running when off the bike, but not when fitted?
Ciao
Attachments
Tilt.jpg
fuel.jpg
swm
On the Road

Wiring diagram

Post by swm »

Hi,
Had another look at the circuit from the manual. I think the tip-over-relay is NOT part of the Fuel-pump Circuit, its a little confusing from the diagram.
If this is the case then the power to the pump contacts is:
From the Battery to the Bike MAIN fuse 30A.
From the Main Fuse to a 10A Fuse (This looks like the Outer Fuse in the fuse box from the diagram).
From the 10A Fuse to the Fuel Pump Relay Contacts.
From the Relay Contacts to the Fuel Pump.
Please let me know how you are getting on. Sorry for any confusion.
Ciao
swm
On the Road

Wiring diagram

Post by swm »

Tip over Sensor not Tip over relay above
swm
On the Road

Wiring diagram

Post by swm »

Hi,
From the diagram shown. The supply to activate the Fuel Pump Relay is:
From the Battery to the Main 30A Fuse.
From the 30A fuse to the Ignition switch.
From the Ignition switch to another 10A fuse.
From this 10A fuse through the Side Stand Relay
From the Side Stand Relay to the Engine Stop switch
From the Engine Stop switch to the Fuel Pump relay coil.
If the fuses are OK, the Ignition needs to be On, The Side stand up, and the Engine Stop switch to the Run position.
Ciao
andybaggies
On the Road

Wiring diagram

Post by andybaggies »

You're telling me the that diagram is confusing - I've just looked at the one in the Raptor manual and that is even more confusing.

However I've just popped out to the garage to check and the earth for the fuel pump relay is provided by either the side stand being up or the gearbox is in neutral. So it should prime with the side stand down but in neutral - and vice versa.

For the gear position indicator there is also a diode set that is called the 'Vehicle Safety System' which allows the 12v from the fuel pump relay to pass through when it is in neutral. The diode set is, I believe on the right hand side of the frame some where around the coolant tank breather.

I must admit I have no idea where the gear position indicator is??
wdavie
On the Road

Wiring diagram

Post by wdavie »

Thanks for all the advise guys, I’m going to spend a bit time tomorrow looking at the bike again, I’ll update if I find anything.
wdavie
On the Road

Wiring diagram

Post by wdavie »

swm wrote: 1 year ago From the diagram attached, it looks like the Fuel Pump Relay, passes a supply from the battery -through the Tip-Over-Sensor (Tilt switch below ignition switch - pic attached), then through a 10A fuse, through the relay contacts (When activated) and onto the fuel pump.
I take it you can here the pump running when off the bike, but not when fitted?
Ciao
Hi mate. Yes when I had the pump off bike I could hear it run by feeding 12 volts to it.
swm
On the Road

Wiring diagram

Post by swm »

Hi,
Although tracing an electrical problem can be daunting if you have little electrical experience, faults can usually be traced by systematically working your way through the system.

How did this fault originate (has it been working and suddenly stopped)?
Have you identified the Fuel Pump relay? If it is switching on, then check the supply from the 10A fuse to the relay contacts. When the Relay is switched on it should pass voltage to the Pump.
By knowing if this relay is switching on or not, it will give a good starting point to finding the fault.

Both diagrams I have posted are based on those in the Cagiva manual.
1 from the Electrical Equipment section on pages G3 - G4.
2 from the Fuel Pump Control section on Page C14.
I haven't taken my wiring-loom apart, but my fuel pump will run with the side-stand down. However i would recommend trying with the side-stand up as it is quite simple to do, and would save an awful lot of diagnostic time should this prove to be the problem.

Where I stated earlier that the Tip-Over-Switch is NOT part of the Fuel Pump circuit, I should clarify that it's not part of the Supply circuit, but may cut-off the Electrical Supply through the ECM (I would recommend checking if the Fuel Pump relay is switching before going down this path).

If there is Any way I can help, please do not hesitate to ask.
Ciao
nickst4
On the Road

Wiring diagram

Post by nickst4 »

An obvious point, but didn't we have a discussion some time ago about the fuel pump needing a higher-rating fuse than the original? Maybe that was on the Gran Canyon forum... :whistle:
Last edited by nickst4 on |February 6th, 2023|, 6:32 am, edited 1 time in total.