Raptor Rear Sets

Chat about anything
Mike Edwards
On the Road

Raptor Rear Sets

Post by Mike Edwards »

Italian company Rosmoto have produced some rear sets for the Raptor. I think they look pretty good (despite the choice of anodised colours).

They are also working on making some adjustable ones that should be ready in just over a month.

The prices are 240 Euro (around 162 pounds) for the adjustable rear sets and 185 Euro (around 125 pounds) for the fixed ones. Prices all plus VAT.

If there is enough interest I will import a few sets to cut down on postage.
rikrap

Rearsets

Post by rikrap »

BL.... Hell you would have to have your legs modified to fit on the bike????? :twisted:
Mike Edwards
On the Road

Really?

Post by Mike Edwards »

That's a hellof a lot better than the ones I have on my Race Raptor. They are at least an inch higher and a couple of inches further back. Now that hurts, especially after I broke my leg last year!
fanarrfnarr

Post by fanarrfnarr »

blimey, they'd look nice if they where not powder coated, but with a 38inch inside leg i think i'll give them a miss.
Raptordoc
On the Road

rear set

Post by Raptordoc »

you're just boasting now!
fanarrfnarr

Post by fanarrfnarr »

tis true i tell ya!! anyway, it's not my inside leg that i'd boast about :wink:
32mill
On the Road

Post by 32mill »

How are the cans held on at the rear if you no longer have the original footrests?
Mike Edwards
On the Road

Post by Mike Edwards »

They also sell similar styled rear sets for the passengers which, I assume, also do the job of exhaust hangers.
fanarrfnarr

Post by fanarrfnarr »

passengers??? aren't they those people that sit on the back and slow you down?
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

Brayns Manual wrote:55 years ago Passenger/Pillion : This weight on the rear part of the Raptor seat screams in your ear and causes pain in the ribs/kidneys - this is a non standard part and can cause distraction of the rider and loss of speed/cornering ability. If you find one on your machine we recommend immediate removal

:D
Raptordoc
On the Road

Post by Raptordoc »

yep thats why i keep the seat cowl on the xtra, - sorry no space for pillions!
Mike Edwards
On the Road

It's taken a while...

Post by Mike Edwards »

It's taken a while but RosMoto finally seem to have sorted the adjustable rear set issue.

I'm probably going to order a set (obviously in a sensible colour, i.e. everything black). Anyone interested in some to cut down on postage, etc.?
Mike Edwards
On the Road

Post by Mike Edwards »

Should have said that they are 240 Euros (plus VAT) for the Raptor 1000 and 270 Euros (plus VAT) for the Raptor 650.

The price difference is apparently due to some extra rose joints required for the 650. Well, that's my take on it as his English wasn't too clear (still a lot better than my Italian though!).