2005 Raptors

Chat about anything
Mike Edwards
On the Road

2005 Raptors

Post by Mike Edwards »

According to MCN:
Raptor updates for 05

Cagiva`s Raptor 650 is updated for 2005 - and the firm promises more of them will be available in the UK.

Only 50 came in last year due to supply problems. This year the Suzuki SV650-powered bike gets a wind-deflector around the clocks, bars set lower and further back, and a silver-painted frame and wheels.

Expect to pay around 5000 pounds. The 1000cc version will also get the cowl around the clocks.
Not sure they got their facts right on the 'Only 50 came in last year' bit. Maybe they are thinking of the Raptor ange as a whole but the importer told me that only 40 of the 650 model had come in since they started.

From the pictures it looks like the 650 finally gets the fuel injected engine from the SV650.

fanarrfnarr

Post by fanarrfnarr »

I remember when mine was that clean and sparkley..... aaaah them where the days!
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

Very pretty, oh yes the oil radiator as well :shock:

I want one :D (in blue of course :oops: )
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
rudekid

Post by rudekid »

I'd be happy just to get my old blue 650 back, Snap. :cry:

Still no sniff of it, not a word from the cops, and the insurance company are playing up a bit. They got no heart. :cry:

The fuel injection on the new ones would be good news - I had bad carb icing problems on mine. Also, do you think they raised the back up a bit?
Mike Edwards
On the Road

Revisions...

Post by Mike Edwards »

Also, do you think they raised the back up a bit.
They altered the rear shock mounts on the 2004 bikes and introduced what is effectively the Baines Linkage across the range. Even though they didn't actually produce the 650 in 2004 they did still update the specs!
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

rudekid wrote:55 years agoI'd be happy just to get my old blue 650 back, Snap. :cry:
Still heard nothing?? :cry: :cry: that's awful
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>