v-raptor nosecone and horns for sale

Chat about anything
wayne
On the Road

v-raptor nosecone and horns for sale

Post by wayne »

I've got a nosecone and horns in black GRP, unused from forza-italia. They've got 2 holes moulded in for lights ( stacked like the Ducati 999) and the horns are open at the front (ram air). I would like £120 for them (they cost me alot more!) Any takers?
the oaf
On the Road

Post by the oaf »

Can you post a picture... or link to a URL where there is one?
wayne
On the Road

v-rap nosecone

Post by wayne »

Hi, oaf
go to " www.forza-italia.co.uk" then 'forza people' then Donalds raptor....
Donalds cut his down to fit clipons, mine goes back to the tank as per normal v-rap.I've also got an R6 screen which should fit (with cutting),i,ll throw that in for free.The lights to fit are sold at Halfords (£30) & they're Emarked aswell.If you're still interested i can post you photo's and we'll talk more
regards
wayne
the oaf
On the Road

Post by the oaf »

Wayne, I'll admit that I'd always thought that the V/Xtra Raptor would look good with those type of stacked headlights, so I'm very interested in the cowl part; however, I also like the carbon fibre horns on my bike so wouldn't want to get rid of them. Are the two parts separate or is it a single, solid unit? If they’re a single unit then they're not much good to me, but if they separate, then you might want to sell them as individual pieces - I know that some people on here have asked about a screen for their V-Raptors in the past, so you might be able to make more by selling them this way. If not I suppose I'll take the lot.

Couple of things. Firstly, does the cowl fit straight onto the original mounting points and will any other parts of the front end need to be removed, ie, the indicator pods and carbon chin piece? And secondly, from the picture of Donalds Raptor, the cowl looked to be more charcoal grey rather than solid black - is that the case? (sorry to be picky)
wayne
On the Road

Post by wayne »

hi oaf,
i don't really want to split the twp items. I think forza-italia can supply a carbon version of the same cowl on it's own.It would 'probably' fit straight on ,it already includes the indicator pods & bottom grill in one.It would then match your carbon horns. My nosecone/horns are seperate items but do need tobe drilled& filled/sprayed.The holes are marked for drilling though.
the oaf
On the Road

Post by the oaf »

Wayne, I didn't want it in carbon fibre anyway - I'd rather it be a close colour match to the charcoal grey of the rest of the plastic on my Xtra. would you be able to post up a picture of the parts at all? If you can't do that but can e-mail me the pictures, let me know and I'll PM you my address.

Cheers, Matt.
wayne
On the Road

v-rap

Post by wayne »

matt,
I've sent you a pm
wayne
wayne
On the Road

Post by wayne »

matt,
I've sent the email.what do you think?
wayne
tonyb
On the Road

Post by tonyb »

Does anyone know Donald who's featured on the MotoForza site as I notice he's got a Ducati front end on his Raptor and I've just done the same on mine but not ridden it yet...I wondered what he thought of it?
the oaf
On the Road

Post by the oaf »

Sorry Wayne. NTL was down all weekend so I haven't been able to access my mails yet.

Cheers, Matt.
wayne
On the Road

Post by wayne »

matt,
did you get the email I sent you yesterday? I've sent one to your work so hopefully that will be alright,
wayne
wayne
On the Road

Post by wayne »

matt,
did you have any luck with forza-italia? Could you let me know either way because if you don't want them I'll advertise them again.
cheers mate,
wayne
the oaf
On the Road

Post by the oaf »

Wayne, no immediate luck, because their mold has warped; however, they have told me that if I'm able to source a V-Raptor cowl, they can do a one-off insert for it with stacked headlights, and colour match the whole thing to my Xtra. So I'd be able to keep my indicator pods, carbon antlers and chin, and none of the brackets would need changing.

This is more what I'm after as I'm quite interested in the abiltiy to just chop and change my front end fairly quickly. It might cost a bit more and take time to source the right parts, but it suits my needs better.

Sorry, to mess you around mate, but you should have no problem selling it , particularly to someone with a naked Raptor... it will look the dogs bollocks.
wayne
On the Road

Post by wayne »

Thanks for letting me know Matt, I'll readvertise them again.