Sub-frame query

Technical stuff specific to the V and Xtra raptors
oogachaka
On the Road

Sub-frame query

Post by oogachaka »

Can anyone tell me if the v-raptor has a seperate rear subframe or is it all one?

It could be the deciding factor as to whether mines a write off :cry:
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

From the manual it looks like it's welded together Ooga, not bolted. Does that make it one piece? I do hope it's mendable X
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
Mike Edwards
On the Road

Post by Mike Edwards »

The subframe is part of the main frame due to the welding. They can be cut off and replacements welded on. I've got one that now bolts on to my Raptor but it didn't come cheap.
Mike Edwards
On the Road

Post by Mike Edwards »

On the other hand it's amazing what you can do with a large piece of wood when things like subframes need straightening.
oogachaka
On the Road

Post by oogachaka »

Well the mechanic/techy guy came out today and rekons the frame is fine!

Woooooohoooo so bam bam might live on, i've just gotta wait to see what the assesor says when he has a look next week. So the list so far is a rear wheel and tyre, right hand indcator and pod, both foot hangers a brake lever and a splash of paint and possibly a new exhaust as it all been grazed and shunted.
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

I'm riding with a grazed Zorst Ooga, and have been for some time, hopefully if the internals are ok you can possibly avoid that expense.

When you said "pod" is it the seat pod? or front indicator pod? I might be able to find a right hand seat pod.

Maybe MikeEdwards still has that wheel for sale???

And if anyone has changed to high level pipes maybe they'll have the hangers up for grabs as well???
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>